Gossman Shop Drive-by and new blade

I only live about 30 minutes from Gossman headquarters. I stopped by Scott's shop today just to say hi and have him put his wicked edge on a couple of my knives. He was busy shaping a handle on a beast of a knife.
IMG_3471.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_3476.JPG
[/IMG]

That's an 8 inch Tusker on the bottom
IMG_3486.JPG
[/IMG]

Usually the knives in his shop are for previous orders, but Scott stopped taking orders. So almost all of these were available. Oh man the temptation was killing me.
IMG_34682.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_34831.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_3494.JPG
[/IMG]

I decided that this one is going to be mine. 5 inch, 3V Tusker with camo green and black micarta.
IMG_3480.JPG
[/IMG]
IMG_3501.JPG
[/IMG]
I thought all the knives Scott made in 3V were spoken for, so I was happy to get this Tusker. He actually has one more Deer Creak in 3V. Almost bought that one.
Take care, Andster2

Andster 2 I am jealous that you live that close to Scott! Probably good that I don't I would have a lot more Gossman knives than I do. Great looking batch he has!!!!

Nice score man, I was checking that tusker out on the store website, thats a sweet one!

I really dig that deer creek with natural micarta too, if I didn't already own one, I'd be all over it

I really dig that deer creek with natural micarta too, if I didn't already own one, I'd be all over it
That natural micarta deer creek is sweet, 3V also. He has one deer creek with this awesome looking maple over natural micarta that I was close to buying before picking the Tusker. My phone pic doesn't do it justice at all. It has a holographic look to it that you really have to see in person.
IMG_3499.JPG
[/IMG]

Andster 2 I am jealous that you live that close to Scott! Probably good that I don't I would have a lot more Gossman knives than I do. Great looking batch he has!!!!
Living close does have its advantages. Just not a good thing for my wallet. Its really nice to see how the knife feels prior to purchasing which is next to impossible with a custom knife. Every time I stop by, I always leave with a nice blade.

Thanks for stopping by Andy. Good to see you again. Nice to have the company once in awhile. Enjoy that 3V Tusker. The 3V knives aren't hanging around very long. Seem to be selling as quickly as I make them.
Scott

Sorry I couldn't make it Saturday, I wanted to drop by but was helping out my little brother. I will be going to Scott's on Wednesday afternoon Andy.

Looks like a good time, I always feel like a kid in a candy store when I'm there.

That is so awesome, I am jealous. I cant wait to pick up a tusker when i get some funds together.

Wow what a treat to live so close to the shop but what a temptation! I'd go broke for sure...

It was tough. I would have taken home the Polaris with CPM154 and natural micarta scales. I was picking up my modified Kephart and Hudson Bay though. Lotsa nice pieces.

Back