Gosstoberfest 2011

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Mark your calenders and try and make it to my shop tour/campout this year. It's Fri, Sat. and Sun. Oct. 7,8 and 9. Arrive Fri 12.00 pm and it ends mid morning on Sun. Cost is $10.00 per person for use of the property. I provide the dinner meal for Sat. evening along with a raffle. If you have anything to donate for the raffle, that would be great. I will be raffling off a couple of my knives again. Anyone who would like to put on demos or seminars, it would be appreciated. We'll have a trade table again this year. Bring your items to sell or trade.
I'll post here as it gets closer with anything additional. Hope to see you there this year.
Location 2419 Whiteford Rd. Whiteford, Md. 21160
Scott

The wife and I are 100% in...Barring any unforseen events. Vaca requests are in!

Id be happy to do a class on something if there is interest. Im sure Ill have a prize or 2 I can donate, and the wifey is one hell of a cook so Im sure she will be bringing treats for the dirt and steel worshipers.....

Looking forward to it.....

Im assuming you have RV hookups and someplace to drain the chem toilet? Also I have some fine packistan steel that i fully expect to have a Gossman regrind.

:D kidding of course.....

I'll be there, along with the Tusker I won last year. Not to gloat or anything ;)... :D

I will be there.

If Kevin doesn't make it for any reason I will be happy to do the Bowdrill and fire demo.

Are we doing the Gosstoberfest T-SHIRT thing? It may be time to start figuring that out and collecting money.

The wife and I are 100% in...Barring any unforseen events. Vaca requests are in!

Im assuming you have RV hookups and someplace to drain the chem toilet?

Sorry Jake, no RV hook ups. If you don't have a tent that can accommodate you and your wife, I will make room for Tina in my hammock. I know I know, I'm very generous... it's the least I can do for you my good friend.

I'll be there . This year I think I'll fine tune my gear first. I brought waaaay too much stuff last year.

Sorry Jake, no RV hook ups. If you don't have a tent that can accommodate you and your wife, I will make room for Tina in my hammock. I know I know, I'm very generous... it's the least I can do for you my good friend.

Thanks buddy........Always helpin me out.....:D

Seriously looking forward to this, and im in for a shirt too.

I'll be there . This year I think I'll fine tune my gear first. I brought waaaay too much stuff last year.

Just make sure you bring that light again. That thing made frog gigging so much easier!

Look forward to drinking a few with you again Andy!

Jake, you can bring an RV but there are no hook ups, sorry. There is room to park one there outside of the camp area. I will look into the T-shirts and maybe get my daughter to draw up a design for them.
Scott

Count me and Billy in. We would be interested in shirts as well. This is one trip that we won't miss.

Hahaha....I dont own an RV Scott....I was being a smartass. :D

We probably be Tarpin it, or hangin.....

Hahaha....I dont own an RV Scott....I was being a smartass. :D

We probably be Tarpin it, or hangin.....

LOL, thought you were going soft on me using an RV. Seriously, this is far from a rough event. Just a great time with like minded folks.
Scott

Thanks Scott.....I look very forward to making the trip.

Not goin soft quite yet.....As long as I can get back up Ill be on the ground or in a hammock....

Hello all. This is my very first post on this forum, so forgive me if I am asking stupid questions. A friend lent me a psk to try out and I have been very impressed with its performance so far. Is this event open to anyone? And what kind of demos do you all have?

Hello all. This is my very first post on this forum, so forgive me if I am asking stupid questions. A friend lent me a psk to try out and I have been very impressed with its performance so far. Is this event open to anyone? And what kind of demos do you all have?

Yes, this is open to anyone who would like to attend. i usually do free sharpening all weekend and show different aspects of knifemaking/sheathmaking. There is a trade table and raffle. Also some of the guys will do demos on just about anything wilderness survival related.
Scott

JMK, welcome to the forums. The camp out shop tour is a great way to check out great steel and gear. There is a ton to learn from some very skilled people. Everyone leaves their egos at home and it's a great time in a very friendly atmosphere. I am sure if there is something you want to learn, name it and someone will step up and give a demo on it.

Hey Scott,
Hope this dont sound crazy, But how far are you from a train station?:eek: I would like to check this out but no way of gettin down there,:eek: so thought i might jump on a train...

Back