Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

That goes way beyond nice, Charlie. The punch is more useful than the normal pen blade.

Charlie, why does your HJ look slimmer than all the Calf Ropers shown? Is it just me??

Jeff, you have good eyes!!
I measured one of my Desert Ironwood Calf Ropers across the middle, near the center rivet, and it is 0.595". The Harness Jack in the same location is 0.580"!!! Wow!!!
You can see 15 thousands over the internet and across an international border!!:eek:
:D:D

P.S. Another one with Bark Elephant is 0.588!! So they vary a bit!!
I do know that Bill works on improving the pre-shaping of the handles, so maybe the latest edition requires less sanding??!!??

Last edited:
I just got an email from CK saying that the Stag Calf Ropers are in, but they're waiting to get individual pics, them post them & let those of us who have reserved them pick the actual knife we want from the pics. I don't know how well that's going to work out, but it sounds like it may be a charlie foxtrot.

They sure are purdy ;)
JrBbTV8.jpg

87eFNpQ.jpg

Got my hemlock in yesterday. It's beautiful! Question: anyone else notice a very slight amount of side-to-side wiggle on the clip blade? I have one other stockman and it also does this on the main blade. I'm not complaining as it's barely noticeable, just wondering if maybe that's common on this pattern.

Thanks, y'all. There are some really nice ones coming. Looking forward to seeing them posted here.

Fire Beard, I've checked the ones I have... no side-to-side play, not even the slightest.

The Blood Reds look really nice. The classic blade etch is one that I don't mind having on the blade and I've never grown tired of the UN-X-LD shield. Looking forward to adding one to my cart.

The Blood Reds look really nice. The classic blade etch is one that I don't mind having on the blade and I've never grown tired of the UN-X-LD shield. Looking forward to adding one to my cart.

Fully agree. After MUCH waiting; they turned out very nice.

Yep this is a truly great run. One of the best and most consistent I have seen from GEC. I picked up two ironwoods (incl a second) and a pennsylvania peach seed bone, but am intending to add a couple more - the hemlock green and an acrylic. I pulled out of the DLT SFO due to uncertainty with the gold color but I now regret it - I think the collection needs variety.

I will be interested to see if there are any short runs or one offs.

This will go down as one of the great runs for GEC for sure.

I must say, the blood red and hemlock green don't look that far off from each other. The red turned out great though. Nice, strong due with no pink.

I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to compare them in person.

Today I gave my Hemlock Green a bath in warm water with dish soap. When it was dry, I flushed it with mineral oil and still a lot of gunk came out of the joints. After this treatment the pulls are still a bit light for my taste but at least it now feels like an intentional light pull / light pull by design because of the much smoother action with a good snap. Before I had to push the secondaries until they were almost entirely closed. Now they want to close by themselves much earlier. All and all I'm really enthousiastic about this knife and there's even a change I'm gonna like the light but smooth action on the secondaries. :)

Back