Grinder will be smokin' this week

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Working on knives for the Blade Show this week along with regular orders. I hope to take 30 to 40 knives to take to Blade. Maybe more.
Scott

Yes!!! I live 20 minutes from the Cobb Galleria! Can't wait. Look forward to meeting the artisan of my Tusker...and maybe buying a companion for it!!

I should have 32 knives ready for heat treat by the end of the day Sat. Just did 9 today. Forgot how fast I am when I put my nose to the grind stone. No pun intended.:D
Scott

Last edited:
Don't catch your beard on fire!

:D

Just watching you make knives makes me tired, watching you grind out one of my old 6 or 7" Tuskers that one time made me exhausted. I think it was when you first got in your shop. That was wild watching you take a bar of steel and turning it into a knife, I felt like the Neanderthals in Quest for Fire when they see the leader make a fire for the first time at the end of the movie.

9 blades already? I would've fallen asleep into the grinder by now!

Don't catch your beard on fire!

:D

Just watching you make knives makes me tired, watching you grind out one of my old 6 or 7" Tuskers that one time made me exhausted. I think it was when you first got in your shop. That was wild watching you take a bar of steel and turning it into a knife, I felt like the Neanderthals in Quest for Fire when they see the leader make a fire for the first time at the end of the movie.

9 blades already? I would've fallen asleep into the grinder by now!

Put in 10 1/2 hours yesterday. In two days (Weds, and end of today) will have profiled 24 blades, have the grinds, stamped and drilled 16 of them.
Scott

Put in 10 1/2 hours yesterday. In two days (Weds, and end of today) will have profiled 24 blades, have the grinds, stamped and drilled 16 of them.
Scott

Don't burn yourself out man. June is a good ways away. I need to come by and pick up that sheath, and make a payment.

I guess the middle of the winter is a better time to work long ass hours rather than wait for nicer weather to be stuck in the shop.

Man thats a whole lot of steel !

Good luck at blade ! With 32 blades
That will be a nice assortment of the
Gossman line-up ?

Frank

Here's 4 days work. Still have 2 that I'll grind Monday.
Scott

blade.jpg

Criminy!!!!! Where are you going to fit 40? Do you have a booth now?

Back