GSO 2.7 passaround and signup thread

The passaround 2.7 arrived today. First impressions are good but immediately upon handling I noticed an issue with the handle I dont like... that could change. I will follow up at the end of my turn with it.

The passaround 2.7 arrived today. First impressions are good but immediately upon handling I noticed an issue with the handle I dont like... that could change. I will follow up at the end of my turn with it.

I think I physically recoiled from the 2.7 when I got it. Then I used it hard, and that all changed. Can't wait to hear how it does for you man.

Well, as luck would have it, I was too deep on the list to get the 2.7 before my son's deer hunt. He tagged out opening day on a mature mule deer doe during the antlerless youth only hunt. This was the second deer I've processed entirely with the GSO 3.5.
4562fc83d22ef7a252e9deab81c7776b.jpg

e9ed533f8ec13da66c3f92dabfaac074.jpg

And, I forgot to remove my watch before I got into it.
c4b24f8e0a20dffe85d5347977b97d42.jpg

You can skip me on the pass around, because my own 2.7 should ship before long.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doh! I just got the other 2.7 today, wish I could've had it to you man. I've never hunted mule deer but I hope you guys have already chowed down on that delicious backstrap. Congrats to your boy, nice work!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hope you're putting those pics up elsewhere, that is flat out awesome.

Doh! I just got the other 2.7 today, wish I could've had it to you man. I've never hunted mule deer but I hope you guys have already chowed down on that delicious backstrap. Congrats to your boy, nice work!

Best breakfast ever: day 2 of hunting camp with tenderloin and backstrap medallions, bacon, and a heap of scrambled eggs with boiling coffee!!!

Congratulations to you and your boy!! And thanks for the pictures :) Rifle season for deer starts here tomorrow, woohoo!

So Saturday the 15 is duck opener...

Tex, you are up next on the passaround. I would like to keep the knife to take on opening day of duck and hopefully clean some fowl with it. I will ship it to you on 10-17.

Riz

Last edited:
Riz, I'll send the black and red G10 one I just got out, keep it for some duck time. Good luck man.

Yea I'm in no rush. If you need to move me down the list you can. I'm working 7/ 12_18's still so it may be December before I see a day off. I get this weekend off for mommas birthday but only knife play I'll get for that is cutting her steak for her. :)

Hell I ain't even had time to check on stuff I've ordered lately.

Man the mule deer is sweet. I got drawn as a young un once for a week long mule deer hunt.(youth hunt) It was awesome to spend a week with my dad walking through west Texas. I never got one but the trip and memories are plentiful from that one. Great looking doe! Congrats to your boy.

Executive decision then, I'll send it to Silver Needle. If December is when it works for you Mr. Toothpick that's no problem, just let me know and I'll get one of them to you to play with. I'll move Silver Needle up from place #8,672. Or whatever I left him at last I changed it. :D

Lmao! Well if it's going to THAT guy then.... lol.

Hell they don't tell us nothing till the day of or as we're loading up the night before...(duh hey you guys gotta be back at 3 am, ok) heck I got the third degree about mommas birthday so I don't see much free time in my future. I even had to cancel my trip to Arkansas.:( guess I'll have to do that one solo in the dead of winter.

Keep it for a month if that's what it takes man, no worries. Not a lot of people are in on it and I'm not worried about any of you eating the knife or something.

I do feel bad for Bobby though, I want to get one of them back after he's laser'ed that baby up.

Grog's second blade arrived to me today!

Firstly, THANK YOU, GROG for this great opportunity.

I'll try to get more pics tonight. My 3 second impression is it is SMALL and just so darn cute. Also, I really really like the absence of jimping.

Back