GSO 2.7 passaround and signup thread

Grogimus, send me an email please, I still have the black 2.7 and have not received an email back. The soonest I'll be able to send it out is Wednesday or Friday, I just hadn't received any word back.

Grogimus, send me an email please, I still have the black 2.7 and have not received an email back. The soonest I'll be able to send it out is Wednesday or Friday, I just hadn't received any word back.
Oh shoot, whoops. Incoming [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh shoot, whoops. Incoming [emoji2]

Hey grogimus, if you wanna have that other one sent by my way before going back to you I'll throw a fresh edge on it for you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hey grogimus, if you wanna have that other one sent by my way before going back to you I'll throw a fresh edge on it for you.

That would be awesome of you Bobby! That toothy edge you put on looked absolutely ridiculous in the video you made. If I had your address I must have deleted the PM, would you either PM it to me or email Texas_toothpick through the forum? He's not going to be able to ship for a couple days, no rush either way.

What was your, or anyone else's, thoughts on where the edge was at its best? It seemed to me that it took a screaming sharp polished edge but didn't necessarily hold it that long. Then once the edge was a little scratched up it was still plenty sharp but held up through all kinds of work.

That would be awesome of you Bobby! That toothy edge you put on looked absolutely ridiculous in the video you made. If I had your address I must have deleted the PM, would you either PM it to me or email Texas_toothpick through the forum? He's not going to be able to ship for a couple days, no rush either way.

What was your, or anyone else's, thoughts on where the edge was at its best? It seemed to me that it took a screaming sharp polished edge but didn't necessarily hold it that long. Then once the edge was a little scratched up it was still plenty sharp but held up through all kinds of work.
Pm sent.

It wasn't polished when i got it, but it held its edge quite well. Itd be interesting to see how well it held up if forte got to process any game with it. I like how my 4.1 in 3v performs polished.

If the list is over and they're both headed back you can send em both here...can poilsh one and touch up the toothy edge back up on the other. See how you like em in comparison.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I still never got one. Just didn't want ya to think I had forgot.

Edit: if it needs a new home it's welcome on my belt anytime.

Last edited:
I still never got one. Just didn't want ya to think I had forgot.

Edit: if it needs a new home it's welcome on my belt anytime.

Hah! Enjoy the weekend, maybe I'll recollect myself to be able to direct something by Monday. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, people like you are what I stay thankful about sir.

Dang guys. I wanted you all to have fun with the knives, I wasn't looking to get more goodies out of this. I got the black micarta handled one back with the addition of an Azwelke carbon fiber sheath, a KSF leather sheath, a neck chain, a firesteel with Kydex attachment loop, and, after much drooling, I have to figure out the ways to use one of chiral's UKE's.

I appreciate the hell out of it but next time add stuff for the next guy in the line to use if you want to add something, I don't want to profit from the passaround.

HUGE thanks to Azwelke for the CF sheath which I'd have to say is a nice upgrade from the stock Kydex (nothing against the stock sheath) and to chiral.grolim, I can see the options for your attachment but it'll take a while for me to figure out all the possibilities.

And mostly I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in the passaround. Now I have your addresses so I can sell them to junk mailers.

Kidding, I love the positive community based stuff here. Thank you all very much.

Shut your mouth, Grog. You deserve all the goods you got in return for sending your own personal knives around the country. Did either 2.7 get a final sharpening from Bobby?

Yeah dude, I included the leather sheath as a thank you and for the next guy. It was a spare sheath I bought for a knife that I never use. I figured it would be the right thing to do to contribute to the passaround. Hopefully it helped some folks feel out carry options.

I know I was very much appreciative of the fact that you loaned out BOTH of your 2.7's. That little beast got a good workout.

Many Thanks!

Shut your mouth, Grog. You deserve all the goods you got in return for sending your own personal knives around the country. Did either 2.7 get a final sharpening from Bobby?
No, you shut your mouth! Sorry, that just cracks me up. Forte sent the G10 handled 2.7 back and it should be here in the morning with a fresh sharpening from Bobby. Should be that and a CPK Light Chopper there, gonna be one heck of a Saturday morning!

Yeah dude, I included the leather sheath as a thank you and for the next guy. It was a spare sheath I bought for a knife that I never use. I figured it would be the right thing to do to contribute to the passaround. Hopefully it helped some folks feel out carry options.

I know I was very much appreciative of the fact that you loaned out BOTH of your 2.7's. That little beast got a good workout.

Many Thanks!

I very much appreciate it man. It's such a handy little thing. With it being a little EDC sized knife all of the different carry options are fantastic.

No, you shut your mouth! Sorry, that just cracks me up. Forte sent the G10 handled 2.7 back and it should be here in the morning with a fresh sharpening from Bobby. Should be that and a CPK Light Chopper there, gonna be one heck of a Saturday morning!

:D

I'm really glad you received the benefits of Bobby's work.

Wow, what a day this will be for you! Enjoy 'em, my man!

Dang guys. I wanted you all to have fun with the knives, I wasn't looking to get more goodies out of this. I got the black micarta handled one back with the addition of an Azwelke carbon fiber sheath, a KSF leather sheath, a neck chain, a firesteel with Kydex attachment loop, and, after much drooling, I have to figure out the ways to use one of chiral's UKE's.

I appreciate the hell out of it but next time add stuff for the next guy in the line to use if you want to add something, I don't want to profit from the passaround.

HUGE thanks to Azwelke for the CF sheath which I'd have to say is a nice upgrade from the stock Kydex (nothing against the stock sheath) and to chiral.grolim, I can see the options for your attachment but it'll take a while for me to figure out all the possibilities.

You are Very Welcome, and Thank You for the kind words. We are glad you enjoy it.

Al and DeAnn

I wore the hell out of that leather. The azwelke was awesome too. I really appreciated the chance to handle it and use it. I did get to clean a doe with it. Great little knife. Thanks again!

New to the S!K arena... is this still happening? Please excuse the thread resurrection if not, but I figured it was worth a shot : ]

New to the S!K arena... is this still happening? Please excuse the thread resurrection if not, but I figured it was worth a shot : ]
Never hurts to ask! This ended almost exactly a year ago, though. Definitely keep your eye on the exchange if you're looking to own a SURVIVE! knife. I know I saw a handful for sale last week. Maybe some are still available. Good luck!

Back