Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Trying to get caught up on everything. I've been rather ill the past week. Had no idea pneumonia was such an evil sort... However, I'm back on my feet, with naught but a residual persistent cough. Very happy to see everyone's knives and Chin's tutorial is excellent, I will surely refer to that if needed in the future.

Here is Rosie, helping me with some breakfast this morning.

FB7dcw8.jpg

blade channel, when the knife is open.

I hope this hasn't been too off topic, but as A. Wright & Son are a mainstay of modern Lambsfoots here, I wanted to assist Guardians in future who would like to speed up the break-in process of these hard workin' knives. Of course, these tips will work with any slipjoint that needs a little 'tuning'.;):thumbsup:

Great post Chin! Thank you for taking time. I would like to get just a little bit smoother action on my Wright lambsfoot. This should do the trick:thumbsup:

Glad you are feeling better! Take it slow until that cough is gone, nasty stuff that pneumonia.

Thank you! And yes, I'm learning the hard way that jumping back into normal activities is a bit troublesome.... Who knew that a set of stairs could be so daunting? :confused:

Trying to get caught up on everything. I've been rather ill the past week. Had no idea pneumonia was such an evil sort... However, I'm back on my feet, with naught but a residual persistent cough. Very happy to see everyone's knives and Chin's tutorial is excellent, I will surely refer to that if needed in the future.

FB7dcw8.jpg

Very sorry to hear that you've been so ill Dyaln, hope you're fully recovered soon my friend :) Good to see Rosie :) :thumbsup:

Great photo Jack. Hope all is well.

Thanks a lot Alan, yes thanks my friend, just older and dafter! :D :thumbsup:

I'm learning the hard way that jumping back into normal activities is a bit troublesome.... Who knew that a set of stairs could be so daunting? :confused:

I know that feeling Dylan, you take it easy :) I was foolish enough to run for the bus yesterday, and paying for it today! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

FB7dcw8.jpg
Sorry to hear about the pneumonia and hope you get rid of that cough soon. Using Rosie to get your vitamin C should help:)

That really is some lovely horn Alan, goes great with the leather of your pocket slip, very classy :thumbsup:

I hope this hasn't been too off topic, but as A. Wright & Son are a mainstay of modern Lambsfoots here, I wanted to assist Guardians in future who would like to speed up the break-in process of these hard workin' knives. Of course, these tips will work with any slipjoint that needs a little 'tuning'.;):thumbsup:

Wow I need to pay more attention to this thread. Thank you very much Cambertree for that instructional; I'm going to give that a go. I bought my lambsfoot about 10 years ago maybe and it has been a stubbon nailbreaker since then. I just acquired an A.Wright Ettrick and it's exactly the same.

My Lambsfoot in York today :) Hope everyone is having a good week :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed York Jack. As always a great lambsfoot you have there. I was racking my brains to think where that waterwheel is. Is it the one in York Castle Museum?

FB7dcw8.jpg

Sorry to hear about your illness; wishing you a speedy recovery. I think it's been said but rest and recuperation (and antibiotics of course) is the best for pneumonia. And I can't decide which is nicer. The knife or the oranges.

So maybe Jack should rename this thread "Guardians of the Nailbreakers" :D I'm glad I used to climb otherwise I wouldn't have the grip strength to open this...

7YDmZqB.jpg

Wow I need to pay more attention to this thread. Thank you very much Cambertree for that instructional; I'm going to give that a go. I bought my lambsfoot about 10 years ago maybe and it has been a stubbon nailbreaker since then. I just acquired an A.Wright Ettrick and it's exactly the same.

Hope you enjoyed York Jack. As always a great lambsfoot you have there. I was racking my brains to think where that waterwheel is. Is it the one in York Castle Museum?

So maybe Jack should rename this thread "Guardians of the Nailbreakers" :D I'm glad I used to climb otherwise I wouldn't have the grip strength to open this...

7YDmZqB.jpg

I really don't have a problem opening any of my Lambsfoot knives! :confused: The Wright's are absolutely nothing compared to this old Saynor! :D :thumbsup:

Saynor Lambsfoot 1-3S.jpg

You have a keen eye my friend. Yes, that's exactly where it is! :thumbsup:

It has been there for well over 50 years, and when I was a kid, they milled flour there and you could buy a bag of it. Apparently the mill was brought piece by piece from somewhere else (I think the feller said near Ripon). Of course, they no longer have a goit to fill the paddling-pool sized mill pond, so they have to pump water up to it using electricity! ;)

IMG_2657S.JPG

I didn't know you used to climb Donn (or had forgotten! :oops:). Hang on a minute, you're not...?! :eek:

ArticleImageHandler.ashx

:D ;) :thumbsup:

I really don't have a problem opening any of my Lambsfoot knives! :confused: The Wright's are absolutely nothing compared to this old Saynor! :D :thumbsup:
View attachment 737815
I didn't know you used to climb Donn (or had forgotten! :oops:). Hang on a minute, you're not...?! :eek:

ArticleImageHandler.ashx

Nope. He's far more suave than I am. With more hair to boot :(:D
Cracking Saynor you have there. I'm sure I've seen that before on the forum.

If you like the idea of flour milled in York may I suggest:

http://www.holgatewindmill.org/windmill-open-days

About a 15 minute walk from York Station.

Nope. He's far more suave than I am. With more hair to boot :(:D
Cracking Saynor you have there. I'm sure I've seen that before on the forum.

If you like the idea of flour milled in York may I suggest:

http://www.holgatewindmill.org/windmill-open-days

About a 15 minute walk from York Station.

Sad he's gone :( His routes still speak though :) An old pal of mine wrote his biography, I have it queued up :thumbsup: Tough man, I bet he could open a Lambsfoot with his teeth! :D :thumbsup:

1218220._UY450_SS450_.jpg

Thanks, I picked up 3 of those Saynors at the same time, Charlie and Duncan have the others :)

I keep meaning to visit, was just talking about it with the volunteer at the mill the other day. Most days my bread comes from York anyway :thumbsup:

http://www.bluebirdbakery.co.uk/

I'll be carrying this one tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

AW SB Lambsfoot 14-4.JPG

View attachment 737815

You have a keen eye my friend. Yes, that's exactly where it is! :thumbsup:

It has been there for well over 50 years, and when I was a kid, they milled flour there and you could buy a bag of it. Apparently the mill was brought piece by piece from somewhere else (I think the feller said near Ripon). Of course, they no longer have a goit to fill the paddling-pool sized mill pond, so they have to pump water up to it using electricity! ;)

View attachment 737816

ArticleImageHandler.ashx

My Wright lambsfoot isn't bad either, but I also have a few knives that will pull the nail right out of my thumb. :)
Great pictures by the way!!!

Sad he's gone :( His routes still speak though :) An old pal of mine wrote his biography, I have it queued up :thumbsup: Tough man, I bet he could open a Lambsfoot with his teeth! :D :thumbsup:

1218220._UY450_SS450_.jpg

Thanks, I picked up 3 of those Saynors at the same time, Charlie and Duncan have the others :)

I keep meaning to visit, was just talking about it with the volunteer at the mill the other day. Most days my bread comes from York anyway :thumbsup:

http://www.bluebirdbakery.co.uk/

I'll be carrying this one tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 737889

In a nutshell, who was Don Whillans?

Forgive the recycled photo. I haven't posted this one in quite a while. I had it out " Oiling the Joints" and for a short CE and CF session so I thought I would let all you Guardians visit it again. This Humphreys Radiant is a splendid knife. Hoping you all have a great weekend! :)
18282674814_6dcfc6923e_b_d.jpg

Forgive the recycled photo. I haven't posted this one in quite a while. I had it out " Oiling the Joints" and for a short CE and CF session so I thought I would let all you Guardians visit it again. This Humphreys Radiant is a splendid knife. Hoping you all have a great weekend! :)
18282674814_6dcfc6923e_b_d.jpg

Beautiful knife with a fitting coin along side.

Back