Had to let my Horton go... :(

Well. Sadly, I had to let my one and only Horton knife go. I hated to do it, somewhat. One of my best friends kids is shipping out in 18 days. He is like another son to me, and I'm proud and worried as hell. He came by, and we were chit-chatting about his new job. As we talked, and had a beer, I figured he deserved something to take over there. Something tougher than the Kbar, nicer, and frankly... Badass. I told him I wanted it back when he gets home. (its his, just praying he stays safe) I love this kid like I do my own, and figgered he deserved it for makin me proud. I'm anything but a rich feller, and am saving for my next one, but thought this one would be better served taking care of him. Thought I'd share my story. Stay safe, folks. And those that pray, say a prayer for Tanner.

eta:Oh, and he promised me pictures when he gets over there. I'll post those up when I get them.

Last edited:
Very nice gesture,JC. Shows how much you care for him when you let go of your only Horton. Praying for Tanner and all of ours. BE SAFE....

That was really cool of you. It is going to a place it is undoubtedly needed.

Great thing to do. Lets hope it keeps him safe. What model of Horton did you give him?

HMMMM.........you know, ive never been in the military. Ive always had a deep respect for those who served and have served. My wife did 12 years in the Army.

It was a noble gesture on your part and who knows, it might save his life someday.

I got 25.00 dollars towards the next Horton you get from Jeremy. When you are ready to pull the trigger on it i will pay him up front, just let him know when.

Its a small price to pay for freedom, security,and saftey.............................Tell the kid to stay safe and thanks from me.

I grew up a few miles from Ft Hood, Texas. I went the college route rather than serving. I hung out with those guys, all through high school, and sometimes wonder if I made the right choice... I respect those guys more than anyone else.

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. He's a good kid, and is excited about his job. Funny, big, tough Marine now, he still wont leave my office without saying, "love you guys" He will make me proud, and serve the right way. Carto, thats very generous of you, and I certainly appreciate it. This is a good group, here. I'm glad I found it.

Oh, and here is the thread I made while waiting for it, and when I got it.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/845336-sigh?p=9589185#post9589185

I grew up a few miles from Ft Hood, Texas. I went the college route rather than serving. I hung out with those guys, all through high school, and sometimes wonder if I made the right choice... I respect those guys more than anyone else.

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. He's a good kid, and is excited about his job. Funny, big, tough Marine now, he still wont leave my office without saying, "love you guys" He will make me proud, and serve the right way. Carto, thats very generous of you, and I certainly appreciate it. This is a good group, here. I'm glad I found it.

Oh, and here is the thread I made while waiting for it, and when I got it.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/845336-sigh?p=9589185#post9589185

No problem...............as my friends at the poker table say,"its just money"............

HMMMM.........you know, ive never been in the military. Ive always had a deep respect for those who served and have served. My wife did 12 years in the Army.

It was a noble gesture on your part and who knows, it might save his life someday.

I got 25.00 dollars towards the next Horton you get from Jeremy. When you are ready to pull the trigger on it i will pay him up front, just let him know when.

Its a small price to pay for freedom, security,and saftey.............................Tell the kid to stay safe and thanks from me.

Great gesture, both of you. Put me down for $25.00 also.

Please guys. I understand and appreciate the generous nature of the guys here. But let me settle this up with him when he is ready for a knife. Im sorry. And thanks so much for your kindness but let me handle it. If you want to know why. Pm or call me and I will tell u. Thanks again James for takin care. Of our troops and your loved ones. And the fine people on this forum for their big hearts..

I didnt intend on this turning into a donation thread, although its an amazing sign of how good folks are. I'm gonna buy another, and pretty soon, just gotta take care of the bills first, ya know? Like the guns I have, I'm perfectly happy to save up for a year to buy what I want, rather than settling. J doesnt price his knives out of line at all, and after getting that one, itsactually a bargain. I've paid as much for other knives, but never had one like his. He's always handled my pestering and questions as friendly as can be. He builds tough knives, and that one is going somewhere its needed. I'll buy another soon, and things will be back on axis. It wont be my last, knives, like guns, flashlights, and boobs, are an addiction I cant get over. :D Thanks, fellas.

Shawn

Back