Had to say goodbye to another friend.

IMG_0516.JPG She never was the same after her buddy passed about two years ago. She was taken from us a couple days ago. Massive internal bleeding from a ruptured tumor we never knew about. She was one of my best friends. Bye Harley. As much as i dont believe, i still hope to find you again.

You will find each other my friend . Sorry to hear of your loss, may you always remember all the good times, and love you had with him. You know that is what he knew.... TD

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that.. I know just how hard it is to have lost a much loved four legged friend. They really take up a lot of room in the heart and when they pass they leave a lot of empty space. So for that I am truly sorry for your loss. It always gets better, though.

Sorry to hear about your loss Purple. Just remember, you enriched his life as much as he enriched yours.

Thanks guys. I always really struggle when a dog passes. Even more than humans. Humans at least understand what is happening. But she had no idea what was wrong. She just thought she was going to the vet. A place she always knows she comes home from. But not this time. She was really special. That tongue was actually her holding it in. It was actually about 6" long. Don't get me wrong. I love the three pugs I still have. But Harley was a favorite among friends and family. A real people lover and a dog that actually hugged you and actually looked you straight in the eyes.

Sad to hear this...

I am also more partial to animals than people. Hell, I'd help a spider on my wall before I help a stranger fix a flat tire:D

Hope you're doing well.
From a land nearby:)

Nooo!

I am so sorry. Dogs lives are too short for all the joy they bring us.

My mom's one dog died and then the other one passed soon after. Same story with my father's dog.
My deepest condolences. Atleast all dogs go to heaven...

Remember her well. Remember that big slobby tongue giving you licks.

It's always a sad time when you lose a friend that loves you unconditionally, never judges you and is always happy to see you.
Sorry to hear the news. No matter how many you have, they're all special.

Sorry to hear of your little pal's passing.

Heartbreak ... so sorry that Harley is no longer at your side to love you and lift you as only she could. Now in your mind and heart forever.

Thanks everyone. I know lots of folks here are animal lovers and can relate. If anyone else has a story of their favorite fallen four legged friends feel free to post em. Yes that was a lot of F's.

Sad to hear this...

I am also more partial to animals than people. Hell, I'd help a spider on my wall before I help a stranger fix a flat tire:D

Hope you're doing well.
From a land nearby:)

LOL, I'm the same way. Must be something in our water.

I am very sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to lose a beloved member of the family. I take some comfort in the Rainbow Bridge poem whenever I think about my dogs that have passed on.

"When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Author unknown...

Thanks guys. I always really struggle when a dog passes. Even more than humans. Humans at least understand what is happening. But she had no idea what was wrong. She just thought she was going to the vet. A place she always knows she comes home from. But not this time. She was really special. That tongue was actually her holding it in. It was actually about 6" long. Don't get me wrong. I love the three pugs I still have. But Harley was a favorite among friends and family. A real people lover and a dog that actually hugged you and actually looked you straight in the eyes.
Sorry for the lose of Harley.She sounds like the perfect pet/friend.
You mentioned how she would actually hug you.
I had a big male cat that would lay across my chest with his front paws up over my shoulder and he'd lay his head on my shoulder and push himself up into my neck and purr up a storm.Sleep usually followed for both of us.
I called it getting a big Benny hug.Sure miss that old boy.
At least we have the memories eh?

Rip Harley and Benny boy.Gone but not forgotten.

My condolences on your loss. You will be reunited... I firmly believe that.

I am terribly sorry to hear you lost Harley... I agree, it tears me up too because you can't explain what's happening to them.

Prayers sent you way.

OP: every time I read message such as yours, I reflect back to those awfully sad days when I also had to say my final goodbye to my special friends, same as your Harley. My sincere condolences to you as most of us know in a very palpable manner as to how hard it is to part with this special species, our truest friends.

I am also a none-believer which is the byproduct of aging and the eye-opening experiences but be very glad that you had already found Harley and that although they're not human, they certainly bolster a part of our own humanity.

Thanks guys. I always really struggle when a dog passes. Even more than humans. Humans at least understand what is happening. But she had no idea what was wrong. She just thought she was going to the vet. A place she always knows she comes home from. But not this time. She was really special.

Yep. It is really hard to make these decisions even when you know it is the right decision. They depend on you for everything.

Back