Had to say goodbye to another friend.

Very sorry, man. Been there too many times myself. Jerry Lee also sends his sympathy and healing vibes your way.

Sounds like hemangiosarcoma, a cancer of the blood vessels. I lost Murphy to that 2 years ago. Never suspected anything because it didn't affect him until the tumor on his aorta ruptured.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Its incredible how you can bring a little furball home and how quickly they steal your heart and become part of your family. My dad always said he wasnt a pet guy but everytime they visited he couldnt stop playing with my dog.
Glad you have the others for some comfort ... and alot of good memories.

Daisy came to me following the death of a lifelong friend. She snuggles up under my chin and I know exactly what she wants to hear ... those same words I know she heard from him since puppyhood .... "It's OK ... I've got you" ... then Daisy raises her paws to hug me tightly.

Her little sis, Sasha, was lost suddenly to cancer last February ... the cricket hunter, such a soft little, loving creature that I thought would be the 'baby' forever. I simply couldn't write about that loss here at the time.

The Tally Bear in taldesta has cancer now. I am not going the route of little surgeries that I would have chosen in past. I sneak her treats and rides to town and sleep-ins in my bed ... and we have little secrets between us and I hope her appetite for life and for her favourite food are strong on the day I wake up and must make that decision.

I cannot say that things get easier. But a certain perspective prevails as I age toward the inevitable myself. But I sure do love and miss my dogs ... everyone of them ... great hearts, much loved all

Little late I don't read this section much Sorry for you loss We are going through same thing Retta my 15 y.o. beagle took her last ride June 19th .

I had planned on waiting a while to get another dog . My wife has a medium sized mutt , he is a great little dog . But I have always had a soft spot for hounds. We where. up north of here where we lived for years , a couple weeks ago. A friend that knew I lost my beagle talked me into going over to the Humane society to look at a beagle in need of a home. Well she has a home now, she will never replace Retta, but life is better when I am greeted when I pull in to the drive By a little hound

And I'll bet that little hound will wind its way into your heart the way they all have ... the way of the brown eyes, the way of the long ears wanting a scratch, the way of leaning in for your hand to glide over the softness of the fur ... the quirks, the fun, the laughs ... and the way they share sadness to make it seem so much less dark.

You know - dog love! ;)

And I'll bet that little hound will wind its way into your heart the way they all have ... the way of the brown eyes, the way of the long ears wanting a scratch, the way of leaning in for your hand to glide over the softness of the fur ... the quirks, the fun, the laughs ... and the way they share sadness to make it seem so much less dark.

You know - dog love! ;)

Ain't no love like a dog's love...

Back