Handles from TKC?

kyhunt

Basic Member
Ok folks I know the handles from tkc have been out for awhile. What p you think of them? Any photos of kniife side by side with and without. I know there where some post when they firt came out but did a search and didnt find alot.

I have them on an esee 4 I got in trade and they are very nice. I cut the bottom part off though just because I like the tang exposed. They are a very attractive and comfy addition. The little extra bottom part does make a larger gripping area.

jt

I'm posting this POS out of focus image cuz it's the best comparision I have at the moment. I can take some high res nice shots if you want tomorrow.

5402715260_db14f04168_b.jpg

Thanks. That does help. It doesnt look like it add much to the handle length. Is it just the contores that improve it?

Thanks. That does help. It doesnt look like it add much to the handle length. Is it just the contores that improve it?

I think it adds about a 1/2 inch.. the contours definitely fill my hand better... I was a little surprised the fit wasn't cleaner though. There was some overhang and the two pieces didn't align that great. After a little sanding they are good. I really like the addition.

I want one of the leather sheaths from them for the izula

I'm posting this POS out of focus image cuz it's the best comparision I have at the moment. I can take some high res nice shots if you want tomorrow.

5402715260_db14f04168_b.jpg

Now that is cult member right there! :D

Appreciate the pic!

That is a nice group of knives. I just ordered ranger green handles, so we will try them out next week.

Everything I've heard about them have been positive. Great quality and ergonomics. The patterns on them are just amazing.

does anyone know if you order the entire set for TKC does a sheath come with it?

What do you mean by "the entire set"?

I have a set of dale scales on my esee 4, they are great. the fit and finish was excellent on mine everything lined up perfectly, they are not individually matched to the blade so there not quite as perfect as the standard handles but bloody close.

I didnt mind the standard scales but I did think the handles were a bit short, I could still use the knife fine but now with the 1/2 inch extra length and contour its perfect for me.

if you go the custom route you have to buy the blade, handles and sheath separatly. Dale is great to deal with good luch with whatever you decide.

I bought a set for my 4 just because I prefer G-10 to micarta. After a while I actually ended up going back to the factory handle slabs. I have nothing bad to say about the TKC handle, it just turns out that I prefer the thinner, shorter slab-style handles. I guess I have weird hands or something.

I've had my knife for over a year. Bought it from Dale. Looking forward to trying the new handles out.

Yep give me a few minutes.

I had to add them here as an edit. Said forum wasnt allowing new post.
HPIM3017-1.jpg

HPIM2885-2.jpg

HPIM3019-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back