Hapstone V6 - new knife sharpener on the US market

We have Basic bundles in stock. Other bundles are temporary unavailable. We expect silicon carbide and diamond bundles return in stock next week.
Thanks!
Strangely, when I refresh the tab I have had open, it still says out of stock, but using this link, it shows available... Same address, I'm pretty sure...

Gritomatic invites all sharpening enthusiasts and knife lovers to visit our booth at Blade Show 2017 in Atlanta GA (June 2-4, Booth #303).
We will show Hapstone V6 knife sharpeners (revision 3), Rotating Clamp System, Venev bonded diamonds in various formats: Edge Pro, KME, DMT, dual-sided for Hapstone, pocket and full-size benchstone.
slideshow_1.jpg

nice I guess, but as someone with knives that have very low edge angles, 15 to 20 degrees inclusive, what would I use it for?

What changes does revision 3 have? And when will stock be available to purchase online? Thanks!
There are cosmetic changes in order to remove potential wobbles:
the coupling on horizontal shaft is removed; two parts of horizontal shaft have threads to be inserted one to another;
updated stone holder to eliminate unalignment of flat ends;
digital gauge holder is fixed on black backing instead of metal rod;

Stock will be available this week!

nice I guess, but as someone with knives that have very low edge angles, 15 to 20 degrees inclusive, what would I use it for?
You can sharpen narrow angles 11 degree and above on Hapstone.

The Hapstone looks awesome, and I've had a chance to watch some good review videos.

Would anyone be willing to share a comparison of Hapstone v6 with the TechStudio tsprof k02/k03? Just curios about some differences (the obvious one being that the tsprof is purely a clamp system). Thanks!

How would I order one of these to Canada? I see on your website you can't ship international orders.

Thanks!

How would I order one of these to Canada? I see on your website you can't ship international orders.
We ship Hapstone sharpeners for international orders directly from Ukraine. Sharpeners will be available end of this week.

Gritomatic Gritomatic : Are there any plans to provide a curved rod so that you can get a convex edge (like KME has)? Thanks! (I bent a rod on my Lansky to do this and it works fine but I am looking for something that I can use with larger kitchen knives).

I got my V6 last week and have only done 1 knife. It was a big chopping kitchen knife from BRK. I had a convex edge and profiled it to a 17dps. It made an improvement but I didn't get a razor edge. I went from 100-2000 then stropped it. The system is nice. I'm no expert and made a few mistakes. The directions are a little lacking for noobs to this type of system but trial and error with some help from gritomatic I hope my next knife will produce better results. I will try and work on it today or Friday.

Great! Do I order it from the Gritomatic website? How long would it take to receive it from Ukraine on average?

Is there any pictures or videos, something, of this system using a DMT dia-sharp benchstone (6" or 8", whatever)? Am I comprehending the description of the product saying it has the ability to use other manufacturer/size benchstones? I've built a small collection of DMT plates and plan on continuing to grow that collection, so some cash and time has been invested so far. I enjoy the hell out of freehand sharpening and advancing the skill, but I kind of want this type of guided sharpening system for various reasons. I did see in another post in the thread about metal plates being pulled to the neodymium magnet, comments on that?

Gritomatic Gritomatic : Are there any plans to provide a curved rod so that you can get a convex edge (like KME has)? Thanks! (I bent a rod on my Lansky to do this and it works fine but I am looking for something that I can use with larger kitchen knives).
There are many approaches to make convex sharpening on manual sharpeners. We will implement one of them in long-term future, but it's not priority on the moment.

Great! Do I order it from the Gritomatic website? How long would it take to receive it from Ukraine on average?
Hapstone V6 is available to order online again. We ship from Ukraine for non-US orders, delivery 2-3 weeks. US orders are shipped from the US stock (2-8 days depending on chosen shipping).

Is there any pictures or videos, something, of this system using a DMT dia-sharp benchstone (6" or 8", whatever)?
I was not able to find a video with bench stone on Hapstone, sorry. I know that some of our customers use large bench stones. There is demand for capability of holding 210mm (now 200 mm) - it's "Japanese 8 inches" hehe.
The magnet attracts metal based diamonds. It's really annoying. You can detach the magnet, or increase thge distance from cutting edge to the magnet, or use rotating clamp system.

Hapstone V6 Revision 3 is now available on MassDrop at discounted price.

After much hemming and hawing, I joined the drop. I'm excited to try this out, I've been a freehand person for the last couple years but I need something with more precision sometimes. I did have an Edge Pro at one point but found it very messy and annoying to work with, so I went with the diamond stones as they shouldn't make such a mess.

I'm in the drop, too, and added the diamond stones to the package. I'm still wondering why Amazon has the Hapstone for $259.

Has there been a change in the magnet recently? All the reviews claim the magnet is so strong but mine won't hold even a tiny knife still. Using no pressure, just the weight of the stone, every knife from large chefs to small pairing knives just slide around.
I like the idea ans build quality of the unit, so much that I plan on buying the clamp system if it ever becomes available again, but as is my old Lansky system works better.

Back