Has anybody handled one of the CRKT Tighe Tac's yet ???

I'm thinking about picking one of these up soon and would just like to hear about it from some of you guys. Let me know about the quality and fit and finish.

Thanks,

Mike

------------------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

Hey Mike! I got one coming in early part of this week. I'll post scans and first impressions of it here.

------------------
Proud member of AKTI, NCCKG, NCKK, and SCAK

Thanks man. Thinking about making it a project knive for scales and maybe some new bolsters.

Later,

Mike

------------------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

Brian handed me one at the Vegas show, and I was really impressed. I’m not sure that the knife I handled was a factory proto or one of the regular production run, but it was pretty close to the real (custom) thing. The blade was well centered and symmetrically ground, the lock seemed secure without sticking, and the entire knife felt strong and light weight. IMHO, it was the best thing CRKT has done to date. The steel, finish, and attention to fine detail are, of course, much better on the handmade, but the gap between the copy and the custom is not as wide as it used to be before CRKT and Brian got together.

in my opinion the tighe tac seemed rather boxy, although a good translation of the custom copy I felt that CRKT shoudl have bought the rights to the (tighe pan?) i forget but one of Tighe sleeker customs.. all my whining is all aesthetics though. for the price the finish is grreat.

------------------
URBAN.LEGENDS.(BalisongGARBAGE)
ENGEL.DESIGN.ROOM
[FAKE01].[the mirror site](www.rejectionist.com)
Knives.I.Want
If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

got one, it's not bad for a crkt, the main problem i see is that the tightness of the blade from crkt is hit or miss of the three my store got in one was too loose by far, one was way too tight, and one was pretty damned good. guess which one i took.

Have had mine a few days now.

The fit of the bolster/scale underneath the clip isn't right. The scale is at least 1/32nd of an inch high, maybe close to 1/16th. It looks to me almost as if the Zytel has a memory, and because it isn't attached to the liner there, that it sprung up a bit.

As I said, it's underneath the clip, so you have to look for it. The other side is perfect. My action is probably the best of my CRKTs. Smooth, easy, good lockup. Whacked spine a couple times, no problems.

An earlier post called it boxy -- I think I'd use the word angular. It isn't really uncomfortable in the hand, but you can feel most of the edges. It is in no way rounded. I like the thumb stud better than the disk on the Point Guard by a wide margin. Came very sharp out of the box.

I had awful high expectations for this knife, because I think it so gorgeous. Guess I'm slightly disappointed, yet awfully glad I got it. Make any sense? I do think I'll replace my LUS as left pocket backup with it, and tuck the LUS in my fanny pack.

By the way, got mine at Bayou Lafourche, and was very pleased with the service and the price! Roger is very good to deal with, in my limited experience. I know I'll be buying from him in future, over almost all other net dealers.

Hope this helps,

Bugs

Just got some of the Tighe Tacs in. I think Columbia River did a pretty good job with this one. The bolsters are a nice touch at this price point. The ones I got in lock up good also.

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

I bought one, and have no complaints whatsoever about fit, finish, or lockup. I only wish they would have at least used AUS8.

Back