Has anyone heard from Rob?

Ohhhh. Do you mean this one? I love it. After I repaired the buggered edge (previous owner) and oiled handle, I can't stop using it. Wow ! What a knife. Feels soooooo natural in my hand.

1357361552.229.iPicit.jpg

1357361761.8853.iPicit.jpg

1357361827.104.iPicit.jpg

1357361875.1821.iPicit.jpg

That's the one right there, matter of fact during that first sale practically every knife I named on the spot just to identify the knife, iirc I had like 5 different knives for sale.. that one I called the creekster and it stuck..

if you ever decide to sell that knife let me know, I'd be interested..

nice pics, thanks for sharing...

Fantastic, I am still very thrilled to know I have the first Creekster and how it derived its name. :)

And, I'm glad to know the names of the pair that I originally purchased.

Feeling a little nostalgic for the original Creekster are we? Well, I would entertain trading it for an identical Creekster but made with the handle material of the Woodchunk. If that is something you could do, then I would be happy to send you my Creekster. :)

Just thought I'd drop in and let it be known that I'm still alive....

accident has really screwed up my whole family and I can't help but get pissed when my wife breaks down occasionally on this emotional roller coaster that just wont stop....

half the time I hate even posting anything because I just feel like its a drag, actually I know its a drag writing it so it must be even worse reading it...

on the bright side I have a bunch of steel I'm working on and should be HTing some tomorrow if time allows.. .

good to see you posting -- looking forward to pics of the new pattern.

Sorry about the roller coaster. They are a drag. Ten years ago, my mother in law died on my wife's birthday. Two weeks ago, again on the exact day, my wife's best friend died unexpectedly. So much for "happy birthday".

So, no worries about posting or grinding. Got to get the family healed first.

Oh, I'm using the heck out of Creekster #1. Still trying to find something about it I don't love. Nothing yet. :)

good to see you posting -- looking forward to pics of the new pattern.

thanks, can't wait to finish it...

Sorry about the roller coaster. They are a drag. Ten years ago, my mother in law died on my wife's birthday. Two weeks ago, again on the exact day, my wife's best friend died unexpectedly. So much for "happy birthday".

So, no worries about posting or grinding. Got to get the family healed first.

Oh, I'm using the heck out of Creekster #1. Still trying to find something about it I don't love. Nothing yet. :)

man that's heavy sorry to hear about that..

glad you're liking the Creekster... Is that wood holding up pretty good for ya?? Its kiln dried around 30yrs ago.. I inherited it from my wife's late stepfather..

Since buying your Creekster, I've purchased an Enzo Trapper, BHK Woodsman scandi, BHK Bushcrafter scandi, BHK Forest Trail (amazing knife), Fiddleback Bushcrafter scandi, Koster mini bushcrafter scandi, Camillus bushcrafter scandi, and most recently a Tackett bushcrafter scandi. Your Creekster single-handedly has turned me on to the wonderful world of scandi.

That being said, your Creekster is my favorite. The feel of the handle, which includes shape and size, the thickness of the blade, high scandi grind, and blade shape make it the most natural feeling extension in my hand. Since you mention the wood, I now know why it feels so light, but solid. I knew there was something different about it. The only thing I've done to it is wiping it with Breakfree CLP. The wood did not act like it was overly thirsty and it really brought out a luster.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to renege on my offer to ever sell it or trade it back to you. I just use it all the time and love it more each time. Sorry!!! :)

Tom

^^^ Awesome deal man.. You made my night !!!

I'm thinking I needs me some residuals from these other guys :)

Scandi's are awesome, I have something in mind for the very near future... Not gonna let the cat out of the bag, but I think this thing is going to be hugely received....

and its a monster...... unleash the beast :D

have you taken the creekster to a stone yet?? I ask because I'm curious how flat the grind was when you got it...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362767126.698720.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362767144.668032.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362767163.932675.jpg

Here is the Scandi Gang!

In answer to your question, the knife was in rough shape when I received it. The edge is now a true Scandi with no secondary bevel and is actually intimidating to use like I do in my delicate wood carving.

Last edited:
WOW THAT IS AMAZING !! I've never seen anything like that before in my life.... completely mind boggling... I'm getting all choked up over here, that is a thing of beauty and even more touching that the knife has served you so well..

the design is just a touch different, and I mean ever so lightly.. I'm embarrassed to say I had lost my template but thank God I had a tracing of it on a piece of cardboard... I just roughed out 7 of the creeksters, two of which are spoken for a members groomsman..

I've made one of the new designs and sold it before my accident, so there is one out in canada and he seemed really happy with it, I'm excited to get it out there and get some more feedback..

thanks aurevoirgopher for the pics... keep it up !!! :)

ETA: hey bro would you mind me using a couple those pics in the very near future when my site is up and rolling??

A new design I've been working on, my version of a kephart.. with a very rough profile of a creekster at the bottom..

a rough profile pre heat treat, I will bring the grind up higher and give it a convex grind.
IMG_3821_zps29ccd4ba.jpg

IMG_3846_zpsc2bd3a03.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362853155.437328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362853176.626709.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362853243.845077.jpg

This probably my favorite.

Thank you for your touching comments about my hobby/therapy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362853281.990236.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362853281.990236.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
A new design I've been working on, my version of a kephart.. with a very rough profile of a creekster at the bottom..

a rough profile pre heat treat, I will bring the grind up higher and give it a convex grind.
IMG_3821_zps29ccd4ba.jpg

IMG_3846_zpsc2bd3a03.jpg

you probably should order more steel...these are going to sell out fast! these shop pics are awesome - keep 'em coming!

View attachment 335468

View attachment 335469

View attachment 335470

This probably my favorite.

Thank you for your touching comments about my hobby/therapy.

those are beautiful! reminds me of the graphic artist m.c. escher but yours are actual sculptures rather than illustrations...have you ever considered setting up a website and selling these? if you end up making tons of money, please don't forget me for suggesting the idea :D

Back