Having Trouble Contacting Robert

I find it peculiar that 3 people joined bladeforums this month specifically to post in this thread . . . and nowhere else.

And I do hope that Robert starts posting in this forum again soon. It would help put a lot of folks' minds at ease, and his participation here is missed.

I find it peculiar that 3 people joined bladeforums this month specifically to post in this thread . . . and nowhere else.

I don't find it peculiar at all. After placing an order on the Survivalsheath.com website and having received the order confirmation e-mail, the order was never processed and delivered, so I tried contacting Robert via his website as well as via direct e-mail with no success. I'm currently serving abroad, so internet is the only viable means of contacting Robert for me at the moment. A quick Google search showed that whereas the Survivalsheath.com website hasn't been updated in a few years, Robert himself has recently been active on the BladeForums.com website. That's why I decided to register here and ask about the unprocessed order.

And I do hope that Robert starts posting in HIS forum again soon. It would help put a lot of folks' minds at ease, and his participation here is missed.

Very true that he is missed. I hope all things are well and good. BUT this sure doesn't shine a good light on people wishing to do present and future business with Robert.

i have been a member of these forums for months and have posted elsewhere. either way, i dont see the relevence. People should get a product they have paid for. I am one of the ones that has been waiting since april with no response yet from Robert.

Been away for a while, but happy to report the rig I ordered arrived about a month ago. As usual the quality is great and the rig rides well. There is no doubt that Robert produces quality work. It's a shame that the delivery takes so long.

I ordered a Sheath, and was charged for it immediately, over two months ago. I am annoyed that he was able to answer in 2 minutes that "yes I can make that and yes I will ship it to Australia for you" but can't take ten seconds to give me a follow up when requested over two months later. His voice mail inbox is also full.

Communication is the key issue here. If I know he has work on/busy/moving house etc etc then I am fine to wait but if I am $80 out and just the sound of crickets well it just does not inspire confidence.

Is he based in OR or WA ??

Andy

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your troubles in contacting him. It's going on 4 months since he has logged in here.

....make that four mate, when he provides NO communication at all except to take the $$$$ then you have to go where he may or others with his ear may to try and get information.

I really hope all is well with him and it is just work he has keeping him from here. I have seen it time and again with small businesses (gunsmiths are some of the worst offenders) that keep taking more and more work and leaving longer and longer wait times then the communication stops and they finally get so far behind/backed up people start taking legal action to recover their goods/cash and the business is ruined. It is sad because the tradesmen involved are generally some of the best in the game.

Andy

Hey amigo... Been trying to call ya with no luck. No big deal just havent yapped with you in a while.. Hope all is going well in the ORE...;)

My sheath arrived today, it is a great design and is very well made.

Andy

Last edited:
Hi guys.
I'm very embarassed 'cause I'm supposed place an order for 4 harness system but i'm very scared by what I read here...
Should I rennonce to my project?
Regards
S.T

He made me a custom sheath for my Black Bear Classic. It is made to fit my Galco shoulder rig so I can carry the blade inverted weak side and my P345 strong side. Fantastic work, only took him a couple of weeks to do, if it was that long and this was last November. All I know is the sheath was great and I am happy.

Your phone system won't take a message.
I'm trying to check on Order #1259116994.
This was placed in later November 2009....
Two emails sent and no response.

I'm in the same boat as you man. I've sent two emails and called and still nothing. Hoping to get my product soon or i'm going to file a dispute with my credit card company.

Hmmm...
I just saw this.

I, however; find it even more "peculiar" that they would have to join specifically to post here....
....so as to try and get a resolution/answer to their problem.

I hope Robert is OK... but he, or someone on his behalf; needs to address this ..... :thumbup:

.... IMO anyway. ;)

Hopefully the new members will stick around, and have good experiences on this forum & the B/S/T here in the future.

My sheath arrived today, it is a great design and is very well made.

Andy
...well except for the fact that it was too short for my blade. All looked good and Robert replied to my problems right away, my last correspondence from him was 26 February when he told me the replacement sheath was finished and ready to ship. Not a thing since. I have had friends in the US e-mail him and attempt to call on my behalf, I have left a message on his phone to no avail but I am at the point of contacting his local Law Enforcement types....he has my money and I have an unworkable sheath...which he himself acknowledged. Just something from Robert to say "I am snowed under for X reason" and I would be fine (wheat I said in my phone message) and understand to a point but to ignore the problem (problems with all else considered) is bad juju if he wants to stay in business.

Am I pi%%ed ....hell yes....!!!!!!

Andy

Last edited:
Back