Having Trouble Contacting Robert

Well....with no further communication to either me or my friends in the US who have attempted to contact him, my replacement sheath arrived in the post today. Like all his products it is well made and fits my knife like a glove.

I have no qualms saying that I am VERY happy with the quality of Roberts workmanship and that in the end he did put a problem right. I am not sure it was all worth the trouble though. At present I would be hard pressed to recommend him to anyone due only to the communication and delivery time issues. I would hope that Robert gets sorted out and back in the game. I also hope that his reputation is not too badly damaged in the end to recover from.

Andy

I ordered a holster in October, 2009. He responded immediately that he could make the holster in a particular way. I made the order and now it has been 8 months. I have e-mailed him monthly since December and have received no reply. This looks like a trend. It is one thing to get behind, but taking money with no intent to deliver is fraud.

Robert,
I am concerned about an order... #1270255274
Please answer my email or this thread as I cannot reach you by phone.
I am willing to wait for your work, which has an excellent reputation but on the condition that I know the status of the order and some sort of genuine estimate of arrival. I believe this to be a fair request.
Thanks.

Edit.

Very bad communication, but finally The invoice have been done.
2 month late but that's OK, it's just knives...
I'll let you know about what I reaceaved.

Last edited:
This must be funniest subforum on BF, moderated by a ghost and full with clients sending money (for kydex, of all things) in advance to somebody who hasn't logged on in ages.

If you stories are then true request that this thread gets moved to "The good, bad & ugly".

After a long wait (ordered in March) due to the wrong country being listed on the package, I finally have my sheath. :) I have to say, I think it is worth the wait, the sheath looks like top quality...now time to go and use it!

Problem solved! Today I received my order... and am happy to report I am very happy with it. Rough communications but an excellent product:thumbup:

I wish I had clicked on here earlier! Humelbaugh also took my money and never delivered on a sheath which I ordered in May 2010.
He actually responded to an e-mail I sent him about 2 [two] weeks after I ordered the sheath. His website looked so business like to me, that I thought it was a large company ,and I asked why I hadn't received my sheath yet! [ironic isn't it] Humelbaugh actually responded the very next day and explained that it takes him 4 to 6 weeks to make a sheath ,but that he might get it done the next week. I felt pretty foolish when I realized he was a one man show, who has to make each sheath individually, and I apologized for bugging him and told him to send me the sheath "whenever" [But Robert, I didn't mean that literally!!!]
He responded again to my apology and thanked me 'for my understanding'.[ But Robert, I'm not THAT understanding!!!]
His e-mail manner was very pleasant and it's still hard to believe he was deliberately ripping people off. Well hope springs eternal and maybe he will still make good on his commitments [but I'm not holding my breath}

the thing that surprises me, is that this 'makers forum' of his is still allowed to operate.

Back