Hello?

Shawn, you out there? Just a brief note to say howdy and tell you publicly that the knife I bought from you is amazing. :thumbup:

Saw Shawn at coffee the other day. May in Oklahoma was not nice to some people. Hail storm cam through and he lost the roof and every window in his house. His barn and shop were in about the same shape. It even totaled one of their vehicles from hail damage. They are in the forcess of replaceing the sides and roof on the barn where his shop was. he is just having a major mess with trying to get people out to even give him estimates and finding someone to work on it. Now school and his kids, cub scouts, and church group does not leave Shawn very much free time. He is going to be at our knife show in Tulsa next Saturday at the Civic Center. maybe he will have a couple left that he can post after the show.
I think he said the total damage was in the $55,000 . range.

Hey guys, I am still alive and kicking. Mike pretty much summed it up. Just been a little hectic around here. I'm still making steel dust when I get a chance though. I think I'll have about 9-10 knives to take to the Tulsa show.

I'm glad the knife is working well for you. If you have any feedback, good or bad, I'd love to hear it. I'm always looking for input from users of my knives.

I'll add a quick thread and show off the knife/sheath combo I'm just about finished with. I was really wanting to have it finished for the show this weekend and it looks like I'm going to make it.

Thanks for checking on me.
SDS

Keeping this forum alive. I use the knife in the kitchen since it's D2. Kick ass tool that fits my hand like a glove.

RW, thanks for checking in and I'm glad your still liking your knife. If you get a chance I always enjoy hearing long term reviews. If there is anything about your knife that you think could have been designed better or built differently please shoot me a message or post up here. It's tough to make improvements if I don't know what needs to be fixed. Of course if you don't have any concerns that is great too :)

I'll post up some new threads with some newer knives I have made recently.

Thanks again for checking in.
SDS

I would NOT change anything about the knife. I need to get off my butt and post some pics... suffice it to say that the knife is in my knife block and has cut everything from chicken to watermelon, and spread peanut butter and cream cheese. I haven't had to sharpen it yet but I will take it outside and bang it around and give her a better work out since kitchen duty is sooooo easy. Handle is one of the most comfortable I own.

Glad to hear it's working well for you. If you ever need anything else or have questions just let me know.

SDS

Just a brief note to say that other than a stropping here and there, my knife has stayed sharp through many vegetables, meats, cheeses, summer sausage, and looks just a good as ever! Kick ass knife!

Rockywolf, glad to hear it. If you ever need anything just let me know and thank you for posting up a longer term review.

It's hard to imagine how quickly time flies. I have not posted much on the forums in a long time for a wide variety of reasons. I'm about to the point that I'm going to stop taking knife orders for a little while. At least until I get my current list caught up and a few projects finished.

Stay safe,
SDS

You too, Shawn. I don't post as much as in the past-- I'm busy trying to get a new career off the ground and going shooting as much as possible. Just living life!

Back