HELP! - Grizzly Grinder Vibration Problem.

I have had a Grizzly grinder for a few months now and it really vibrates like mad. When I try to flat grind against the platen, as I begin to push against the belt the blade starts hopping and clattering against the platen. I have to apply a lot of pressure against the platen to minimize the vibration and the chattering of the blade against the platen. I thought it was the wheel so I ordered and just received a 10" wheel. The new wheel does not fix the problem, only seems to worsen it. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

------------------

Does it vibrate only when a belt is on it? or does it also vibrate when the belt is removed and the motor is running free?

If vibrating when motor is running free check motor bearings.

If vibrating only when belt is in place check idler wheel bearings.

Look for buildups on all rollers and remove if present.

My bet would be bad bearings on a small diameter idler wheel, these spin awfully fast and wear out quickly. If you spin an idler wheel and bearings make any noise at all replace them.

------------------
george
www.tichbourneknives.com
sales@tichbourneknives.com

Thanks for the tips George. I will check the areas you have suggested.

------------------

Make sure everything is tight, especially around the idler head. Also, make sure you have good alignment of the idler. These are some of the problems I have experienced.

Brett

Back