• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Help!! I live in Canada and I want to buy BM 556

I currently reside in Canada. And was recently on blade hq tried to purchase a benchmade 556 and they will not ship to Canada. I have also tried knifeworks. Went on benchmade a website and looked for international distributors and Canada was not on the list.
Does anyone know where I can buy this little beauty?

I currently reside in Canada and I would like to purchase a benchmade 556. I was recently on blade hq tried o purchase and they said benchmade will not allow them to ship to Canada, went onto knifeworks and received the same response. Looked at benchmades website and there were no dealers in Canada.
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these little beauties??

W&W would be my suggestion too. I've also purchased several from Knifecenter and never had an issue with shipping.

You might try searching Toronto Knife Store and lookng for a knife store that is called two letters then knives as in _ _ Knives with the two blanks being two letters between Q and T in the alphabet if that's vague enough.

Thanks guys. W&W is a great site just what I have been looking for. I am just starting my knife collection and getting into more specific items. I appreciate the help.

You might try searching Toronto Knife Store and lookng for a knife store that is called two letters then knives as in _ _ Knives with the two blanks being two letters between Q and T in the alphabet if that's vague enough.
Thanks. Haha

From my understanding. At lease American dealers. Caused me a bit of confusion as well

Maybe the dealers are choosing not to ship folders to Canada due to Customs issues.

You run the risk of CBSA confiscating it. If you want it that bad , just buy it in Canada even if it costs more. At least you'll get it with no issues.

I would buy in Canada and just avoid the risks of getting it swiped at the border.

There is a good thread on W&W in the GBU sub forum. Once you do the math on duty, exchange, and cross border shipping their pricing is normally very close.

I'm not sure about the Benchmade dealer agreement but geographic restrictions can come into play. Benchmade wants there to be actual brick and mortar locations with knives in stock but they're inevitably too small to compete with an 800 pound gorilla like BHQ in most cases.

And as noted many times before the CBSA can be quite the pain in the rear but the shipper would normally say they're unable to ship because of customs regulations vs. making up another excuse.

W&W is probably the best canadian knife store you csnt go wrong there. I blame that website for my knife addiction. After carrying a buck bantam for a while i found that site and bought a manix 2 lw s110v. And well its never been the same since

Amazon?

It shouldn't be too hard.

Yes amazon is usually the answer, but this knife is $160 on amazon. I don't think it's worth quite that much. I have found one much cheaper on one of the above listed sites though.

Get the sheep foot blade with the hole instead of the 556.

-556 owner.

The sheep foot doesn't particularly tickle my fancy though it is beautiful I figure if I want the hole I'll go with a spydie. And I am looking for my fists ffg grind too. Glad to hear you like the BM though.

There is a good thread on W&W in the GBU sub forum. Once you do the math on duty, exchange, and cross border shipping their pricing is normally very close.

I'm not sure about the Benchmade dealer agreement but geographic restrictions can come into play. Benchmade wants there to be actual brick and mortar locations with knives in stock but they're inevitably too small to compete with an 800 pound gorilla like BHQ in most cases.

And as noted many times before the CBSA can be quite the pain in the rear but the shipper would normally say they're unable to ship because of customs regulations vs. making up another excuse.

Yes I totally agree. When I got to W&W I reailzed I got the same knives for even cheaper then BHQ because of our low dollar and shipping and duty.

Back