• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Help!! I live in Canada and I want to buy BM 556

The sheep foot doesn't particularly tickle my fancy though it is beautiful I figure if I want the hole I'll go with a spydie. And I am looking for my fists ffg grind too. Glad to hear you like the BM though.

You do realize the 556 is not FFG, right?

You know what I believe you are correct for some reason I thought it was but after a little more research seams as though I was wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

I currently reside in Canada. And was recently on blade hq tried to purchase a benchmade 556 and they will not ship to Canada. I have also tried knifeworks. Went on benchmade a website and looked for international distributors and Canada was not on the list.
Does anyone know where I can buy this little beauty?
http://www.kuttersknives.com/ is another place you could look at, they are in Ottawa

So ...Benchmade doesn't want dealers shipping their knives to Canada?

From my understanding. At lease American dealers. Caused me a bit of confusion as well

Maybe the dealers are choosing not to ship folders to Canada due to Customs issues.

Correct, the Canadian Border Services are going above and beyond to try and seize fully legal knives that you can buy here already. They have written their own interpretations of the Criminal Code of Canada and use that to decide what knives are "legal". Hell, they decided that flippers can fall under AUTOMATIC knives (switchblades, OTFs etc). Let that stupidity sink in for a minute. Their reasoning for that? They decided that a flipper tab is actually a device. They also decided that a blade is part of the handle since it is attached to the handle. So when you flip the tab you are actually actuating a device on the handle of the knife thus it is an automatic knife and illegal. Yet these knives are fully legal according to the supreme court and criminal code of Canada.

Knives with loose pivots can be classified as gravity knives so those great smooth Benchmades that drop open when you pull the Axis lock can be seized.

How do you prevent this? Really crank down the pivot. As long as the blade does not fall open and cannot be flicked open (even by a CBSA gorilla imitating an epileptic fit swinging the knife around) then it will pass. As long as the blade will not deploy and lock under those conditions it will pass.

Correct, the Canadian Border Services are going above and beyond to try and seize fully legal knives that you can buy here already. They have written their own interpretations of the Criminal Code of Canada and use that to decide what knives are "legal". Hell, they decided that flippers can fall under AUTOMATIC knives (switchblades, OTFs etc). Let that stupidity sink in for a minute. Their reasoning for that? They decided that a flipper tab is actually a device. They also decided that a blade is part of the handle since it is attached to the handle. So when you flip the tab you are actually actuating a device on the handle of the knife thus it is an automatic knife and illegal. Yet these knives are fully legal according to the supreme court and criminal code of Canada.

Knives with loose pivots can be classified as gravity knives so those great smooth Benchmades that drop open when you pull the Axis lock can be seized.

How do you prevent this? Really crank down the pivot. As long as the blade does not fall open and cannot be flicked open (even by a CBSA gorilla imitating an epileptic fit swinging the knife around) then it will pass. As long as the blade will not deploy and lock under those conditions it will pass.

sounds like these Canadian officials are acting just like nyc cops. wonder who is copying who?

op ask whatever dealer in the usa if youngo that route to torque down the pivot. i got a dealer to do that for me once when i bought and sent a folder to a friend in a restrictive country with silly rules on folders. having said that the usa has their own silly rules on folders state by state and even the feds ridiculous switchblade rules etc.

Back