Help Identifying Canadian Kitchen Knife Shop

I was looking at what you might call a semi-custom kitchen knife shop a few years ago and wanted to look them up again. This may be a long shot, but here's what little I recall -- They offered one blade steel and a few different handle materials for each model, including wood and some colorful synthetic materials, it was a combination of machine and handwork, and was somewhere in Canada.

Ring any bells?

Second question -- do you have any recommendations for other similar shops? I'm looking for a heavy chef, thinner slicer (or maybe one knife to do both jobs) and paring knife set, looking to spend not too much more than $500.

I was looking at what you might call a semi-custom kitchen knife shop a few years ago and wanted to look them up again. This may be a long shot, but here's what little I recall -- They offered one blade steel and a few different handle materials for each model, including wood and some colorful synthetic materials, it was a combination of machine and handwork, and was somewhere in Canada.

Ring any bells?

Second question -- do you have any recommendations for other similar shops? I'm looking for a heavy chef, thinner slicer (or maybe one knife to do both jobs) and paring knife set, looking to spend not too much more than $500.

That's what I was thinking as well.
There are a number of great makers that post here on the forum. I bet if you emailed any of them, myself included, they'd be happy to help.
Good luck!

North Arms, that's the one! Thanks!

I'm still looking through the forum history and makers' sites, that's what prompted the thought about North Arms.

Back