Help! What am I missing?

Adamar

Gold Member
I have been looking at the Lionsteel knives (and knives made by them under different brand names) for a number of years, and really like many of the designs, but for one reason or another have not gotten one yet. Now I see the new SR-11 titanium which may be my first, but I can not figure this knife out. It is a full integral titanium knife, with many highly desirable features (flipper, bearings, over travel stop, etc.). It won knife of the year, and it is made by the company that won the 2017 manufacturer quality award.

Here is my question. How can this knife be sold for under $300? Similar integral framed knives are currently selling for well over $100 more.

Can one of you Lionsteel experts please explain this to me?

$292.95 is a great price for an integral titanium frame lock flipper from LionSteel. I'm sure they're making good money on it. LionSteel moved to a new facility recently with more CNC machines.

The larger the production run, the lower the cost. Lionsteel actually produces a lot of knives for many different companies each year. Which means they can buy in massive quantity and setup, and run, a large number at once. All of these factors drive down cost. The smaller the company, the smaller the run, the most it costs per unit.

$292.95? Damn, I just paid $330.

Ah well, even with the $100 import fees, I'm just tickled silly with my new SR-11 Ti! :)

It's my first Lionsteel Folder. I went from having no Lionsteel knives last month, to owning two now. An M7 and the Sr-11. Love them both!

Honestly, the quality of Lionsteel is on par with the best I have ever seen, anywhere. Seriously awesome blades!

Back