Help

I am looking to buy my first Tinive, I want an AUTO. I know nothing more about them than what they say on their website, which by the way has lame pictures. If i was selling knives for that kind of money i would spend less money on flash intros and more on pictures...
anyway I want one! Or do I? Please tell me what you know about them good and bad and if you have one for sale let me know.

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael ,

Well there seems to be two groups for the Ti-Nives , ones who love them others who hate them . I fit in the love'm group . I now own two of them both auto . The knives hold up very well and the graphics are outstanding . I've posted several times on this but here goes , my oldest one is over 3 years old and is carried 2-3 days a week . The lock up is drum tight and there is no play in any direction . I always tell everyone the handle takes some time to get use to but , once there you learn to appreciate it's design . I say buy one and carry it .

Jerry

The double action finally shipped and is awesome , the one I've had longest is a Tiger pattern 4.25" , high polished blade , set for faaassst open . I really like the graphics models but the cost seem to have risen in production and some are not going to be offered after the current stock runs out . Give Scott a call and find out what he has on hand or which patterns are still availible . The little Gold model is simply beautiful ( Damasteel blade , nickel plated handle , Auto , cost is 299.00 ) If you buy a Gold model they enter you in the Free Knife contest . The Gold is only offered in the 3.25" blade length . Later -----

Jerry

I have the limited Gold Auto. It is easily the nicest knife I own. I love the damasteel blade with raindrop pattern. The thing is lightning fast! For only $300, it is a great buy, plus you are entered into a drawing for TWO other Knives!! Your chances of winning another are Very good! The texture of the handle is very unique, and beautiful to look at. If you end up with one of the knives with a graphics pattern, I envy you.

To get in touch with them, use their number, as it is quite difficult to contact them through email. It is the only way to get the Gold Limited, also.

The number (they ALWAYS answer): 1-888-537-9991

If you can hold out for a Larry Chew D/A collaboration, I would highly recommend it. But you can't go wrong with any model, IMHO.

DD

I got my first Tinive this weekend at a knife show. It is a hybrid tactical 4.25. I paid 100.00 for it. I was told it was an auto that needed a spring. Are the manuals like gravity knives? Both models meaning manuals and autos have buttons correct? Either way I got a great deal. I would just like to know more about what it is. I have yet to see one this color. If you know what it is please let me know.

my new Tinive

Great looking knife . I think you have a manual model( the thumb notches in the blade are not on the autos ) . The pattern is called Eye of the Tiger . I have one in the same pattern , you should be able to open it with either the thumb hole or by pushing the button . Don't close the knife by just pushing the button and swinging it closed as this will slam the blade into the inside of the handle material . Carry and enjoy -----

Jerry

Back