HERE I AM AGAIN !!!!! (updated saga)

I know its been a looong time and I've been licking my wounds for quite a while but things are looking up, regardless....

I appreciate all of you who have thought of me, pm'd, emailed, text and even called, even if it just crossed your mind, where's Rob???

Without going into dreadful details lets just say the accident I had came with massive residual effects, facing multiple surgeries in fact I only opted to do one and that was one of my knees (the worst one), to no avail as the Dr. went in he removed everything so now I'm bone to bone on that one, looking at a knee replacement someday, not today....

We've had MAJOR issues just sticking this thing out as a family, my wife who was in worse shape of all, simply manages the good days against the bad... This freak occurrence has almost ripped us apart as with pain comes anger, and it hasn't been pleasant.. We moved from our dream house in the country just to be closer to Drs.... you'd think that's for the elderly but these are the facts...

Now living closer into the city I've had a hard time setting up shop as I'm limited in space, I was at one point considering merging my spark throwing with my primary business but that to has slowed to a standstill as my neck and back were fractured in multiple places, these residual effects have good days and bad..hard to keep my business going, so it to has been slow and we're just making it.... by the Grace of God it always seems I'll get some easy job to do that will help get us by.....

I've posted before and replied to other's that I would be throwing sparks in a couple weeks, maybe a month, blah blah blah that was around summer '13, and even again early this year, this was probably pain medicine talking combined with a good day with good intentions, but I digress...

I've left many forums simply because my input was hogwash, and I had to focus on keeping my family together first and foremost...

I'm still dealing with stuff but refuse to let it get the best of me, from here on out I will no longer make mention of the accident as I feel like it lends a hand to my pity party..... Life is good, family is good, we are alive and healthy...... Thank God !!!

In fact I feel so good lately that around 6 weeks ago I got into handloading and have since loaded 5,500 rounds of ammo, and have shot around 3k of it... sooo not only have I been out at the range I'm a member of but have considered defensive training classes as well, maybe even competition.... If I can stand at the press loading rounds for an hour or so why can't I throw some sparks??????

Well for one nothing is put together.... hopes of merging my shop is a distant dream so I've decided to clean out the garage today and have put my grinder together, I have to run wire and some other stuff needs to happen to be able to heat treat again but things are looking better out there....

I'm not going to put a time stamp on squat, but will say..... I've been handloading soooooooo, I'm ready to get back after it....

all in all I found my love for guns again in a big way and it has helped me therapeutically bigtime, explosions that leave behind motivation and desire to do something with myself again....

I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to read through my madness.....

Take Care,
Rob

Last edited:
good to see you around again!
I'll be down your way in a month for a cousin's 40th anniv. but not sure if I'll have time to give you a holler while I'm in town.
best of luck and if there's anything I can do to help, I'm willing to give it my best shot.

Hey Rob,
Great to see you back. Hope all is well. I emailed you a couple days ago. Been about 3 years since I sent my beloved Creekster (your first Creekster and one you wish you had back) back to you in the belief a replacement would be arriving someday. In the meantime, I've been using the heck out of my Woodchunk. Tried in vain for awhile a year ago to contact you. Even enlisted the help of JV3. Now I see you active on the forum again. That is great. Love to hear from you.
Thanks,
Tom

Hey Rob,
Great to see you back. Hope all is well. I emailed you a couple days ago. Been about 3 years since I sent my beloved Creekster (your first Creekster and one you wish you had back) back to you in the belief a replacement would be arriving someday. In the meantime, I've been using the heck out of my Woodchunk. Tried in vain for awhile a year ago to contact you. Even enlisted the help of JV3. Now I see you active on the forum again. That is great. Love to hear from you.
Thanks,
Tom

Tom good to hear from you... LOL 3yrs... my concept of time is a little off, I did however receive the knife around a year ago and its been a while for sure... I replied to your email from a long time ago, maybe 6months?? you were moving and or had some family medical issues iirc, I hope all is well... I just checked my email as well as spam folder and haven't gotten anything from you, please email me at BattleCreekKnives@gmail.com

I just got back to the US after a 10 day stint, trying to play catch-up here at the home front...Please send me an email at your convenience I'd love to catch up with you..

take care,
Rob

Rob,

So, now that you know I know you are alive and still involved in the knife world, and I am still eager to get a replacement, I guess it would be a safe bet that a replacement should be in the works in the not too distant future.

Regardless, glad to make contact with you and that you recall receiving the knife.

Thought maybe you were in the witness protection program. :)

I emailed you as well, so now you have my email.

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
here is the post where I originally listed the creekster you mentioned.... it was sold and kept for almost a year before buyer listed for sale when you bought it...
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/915920-**Deal-of-the-Day**

and here is when you bought the knife...from original buyer
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ps-Laconico-C-Williams?highlight=battle+creek

and lastly in March of '13 you posted here post #34
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...anyone-heard-from-Rob?p=11947615#post11947615

I was living at the house I'm at now when I received the knife, I have only lived here 1 1/2 yrs now... I received the knife 9/7/13 which then I had lived here maybe 4 months..... per our emails you sent me on 9/8/13 asking if the knife was received and I responded the same day telling you I got it the day before.... I don't know how to post the email here without disclosing your contact info, but if you check back on you email you used (knifecell**) you will see....
Also I had offered a refund of your purchase price but you didn't want it and offered to buy one at full price when I got around to making them again and requested one in brown micarta like JV3's ..... this email consisted of 14 messages back and forth and we came to an agreement that I would simply make you a replacement... you were gracious enough in your emails to gift this one back to me as I wanted to keep it and that doesn't go unnoticed, you are a compassionate individual and I appreciate you...

and I have communicated with JV3 via text many times and I have never told him or anyone else that I just wanted to be left alone....not sure what that's about but hopefully he'll chime in....

I felt compelled to post this as my concept of time is bad enough, time just fly's by as I get older but I just knew there was no way it was this off...

hope this helps clear things up..

take care,
Rob

Rob
It's great to hear from you! I am sure that you have had to deal with more than any one man or family should have to. But the good Lord has been and always be there with you as you make your way forward.

On a brighter note..........
I can't even begin to tell the number of comments that I have received (and continue to get) on my Manchete! People are near speechless when I whip it out of its sheath and let them handle it. And the wood.......simply art work in wood and steel. I can't thank you enough for letting me have the unfinished one that was just laying around the shop!
Keep posting and let us all know how you are doing.

God Bless
Doug

Clears things up for me. :) Nice piece of detective work. :)

I'd love to hear what JV3 says. I even reminded him I want first right of refusal on his Creekster. I've also forwarded to you the entire email exchange.

Gettin' old sucks.

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks Doug I appreciate the kind words sir and I'm glad you are enjoying that monster blade :) I hope all is well with everything on your end of the world....

Tom, no hard feelings bro as I expressed in my email.. I know I've been slacking and feel bad enough as it is, my memory and concept of time have been clouded by pain killers, course I'm not on any of that anymore but my concept of time is still bad :p

I will check my email here in a second....

take care,
Rob

Tom.... You are the first in line when i start grinding again... You and I havent been on in a long time but i just felt i needed to post this publicly, not sure if i could past emails but i will send you another as well...

take care,
Rob

Back