Hi, New guy trying to post pics

I am really new to the hobby of forging and knifemaking. I really appreciate all the expertise and awesome work that is on this forum! I am trying to post a couple of pics of a knife with a hamon that I forged from part of an old pick axe, a rebar knife that was one of my first attempts and a camp hatchet that I forged from an old stone hammer. I forged the hammer head into the blade and upset the blade of the hammer to make the hatchet hammer. I am having tons of fun and welcome any comments. I am not sure if the pictures will show or not. I am linking the url from flickr. If it doesn't work, I would welcome any help. I have gone through a few of the step by step tutorials on the forum but am still confused. Thanks!

2016-12-31 14.33.11 by Randy Sandford, on Flickr

2017-01-14 11.54.35 by Randy Sandford, on Flickr

33201951192_d66620d44f_t.jpg
[/url]2017-03-09 09.13.53 by Randy Sandford, on Flickr[/IMG]

Those show up as thumbnails, which we can click on and see on the Flickr site.

That works, but I prefer to use a site like Imgur. Create an account, upload your images, and then you can post them here (or on any BB code board) using the link generated.

DgCvcit.jpg

Those show up as thumbnails, which we can click on and see on the Flickr site.

That works, but I prefer to use a site like Imgur. Create an account, upload your images, and then you can post them here (or on any BB code board) using the link generated.

DgCvcit.jpg

Thanks! I chose the smaller images as it can apparently be a problem if the file is too large. I'll try again...my wife got some better pictures of the Hunter. If that doesn't work I'll go to Imagur

Here are more pics of the Hunter that I just finished as a gift for the guy who gave me an anvil. Only my fourth complete knife and it has a few problems but each one I learn a bit more. I realize that I am doing everything wrong....using mystery steel, forging without much experience and using very basic tools. (4x36 for all the grinding, charcoal forge in my yard with a hair dryer, best guess on the heat treat etc.) I am and will stay a hobby smith; anyone who is interested in buying a knife after seeing one of mine will be directed here. The work and the passion shown here are amazing!
My next knife will be a bushcraft knife for a friend. Any input and advice would be appreciated. Now let's see if these pics show up better....(My wife is the hand model..not my pretty nails)

Hunter by Randy Sandford, on Flickr
hunter top by Randy Sandford, on Flickr
Hunter hamon by Randy Sandford, on Flickr

Back