HI: Rajkumar Fish Knife, and Kumar Perfect GAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two I hoped not to sell. They're my two favorite non users.

Rajkumar's Fish Knife was a one off piece from a couple of years ago for the Holidays. One of the most decorative but functional pieces I've ever seen. Huge but wieldable, the handle is quite comfortable. Exceptional deep engraving and inlay. Integral guard. Super collection piece. The red sheath is split however, and was always too tight. It's drawn blood (mine) from unsheathing when it split. Could use a polish but un-used. Perfect display piece.

Specs: 21" OAL, 42.5oz, $200 shipped

20120505_172712.jpg

Kumar Garud Ang Khola, the best example I've seen. Honestly, the best Khuk I've seen period. Better execution than the Bura, Sanu, etc pieces I've had. Perfect balance and much lighter than the current iteration, old school. Back when they were tough and light. Needs a polish but its in excellent condition, including the scabbard. Ultra lively in the hand. I really really hate to sell this, but I'm keeping only my users, and I can't bring myself to convert this one.

Specs: 18.75" OAL, only 27oz. 3/8 spine. $200 shipped. A few bucks less than a new one would cost, but better work than we'll ever see again.
20120505_172805.jpg

20120505_172620.jpg

IMG_2218.JPG

Apologies for the bad pics, not much light today.

If anybody wants both, I'll take $375. Paypal preferred to javan.dempsey@gmail.com

Sorry for the input, but Kumar was one of the best IMO. He was one of the BEST makers that HI ever had. This is a fantastic deal.

Sold the M43 a while back sorry.

No worries gunknifenut, you're absolutely right. I've had a number of Kumar pieces, and this by far is the best of his work. Like my Sanu YCS, it's one of those pieces where you know it couldn't have come out better. Really really hate to part with it, but it is what it is.

Actually, I'll take $360 for the pair to get these sold. I've got the perfect box for them, which'll save on shipping.

Welp, I found some money elsewhere, so I'm keeping these. Snooze you lose. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back