How about a Dopp kit?

I am currently on the look out for a new leather Dopp kit and it just occurred to me that Saddleback might have something to accommodate this, but, upon looking at the various smaller bags that Dave is currently offering and even looking at the women's bags, I just don't think the design will work for a mans toiletry kit. I may be wrong, if anyone is using a saddleback bag as a Dopp kit please let me know how it is working out. I just think that the contents will have to much space to move around inside and the belt and buckle strap design would not completely seal the contents inside. What I would really like to see, Dave, is a Dopp kit for men. A Dopp kit that is made with Saddlebacks quality and ruggedness, but is capable of accommodating a Zipper and has proper compartmentalized storage to allow secure transport of a man's most ritualistic items.

Last edited:
He could make a Dopp kit with a rolltop to seal it. Any design he comes out with should be a big seller.
And like the wallets, a relatively inexpensive way to introduce people to SBL quality.

He could make a Dopp kit with a rolltop to seal it. Any design he comes out with should be a big seller.
And like the wallets, a relatively inexpensive way to introduce people to SBL quality.

Your right Esav, a roll top seal would work perfectly, just like the water bag. Possibly, something that resembles the classic roll kits doctors used to have their finest instruments in.

Last edited:

I'd LOVE to see that product in their line.

+1 for a Dopp kit. I'm stunned that there isn't one already. Was already thinking about ordering the Classic Travel Case and using it as such, but a true Dopp would be ideal.

+1 for a Dopp kit. I'm stunned that there isn't one already. Was already thinking about ordering the Classic Travel Case and using it as such, but a true Dopp would be ideal.

I have to weigh in here. I was on the same quest this past summer for a real nice Dopp kit... Something classic I could pass down. I currently own a SBL Large Thin Briefcase in DCB, a Medium Bi-fold wallet in Tobacco which is amazing, the Medium (large) Notepad holder in Chestnut and I am waiting for the small in DCB to arrive this week. I have high standards and expensive taste... I don't know how I scored what I did, but my Dopp kit home-run walk off grand slam was found on ebay.
I have a Bosca Old World vintage Leather dopp kit in a light pebble brown finish. Not a glossy leather like what appers to be the latest variant. It is a work of art... I think it must have been several years old and someone was cleaning out the closet and the gift they were given they never used hit the bay... can't seem to explain the find any other way. It was brand new with tags and the reg card with a serial number. Totally legit. the card stock and tags just looked a bit "old". Leather was perfect if not a smidge dusty. I used the chamberlains on it, it looked darker at first but has dried in a day to the regular color. It's one of the sweetest leather things I have.
Most dopp kits these days are junk. This one is a find.

For the life of me I can't figure out why there is no dopp bag yet. All travelers need a good quality one.

Am I the only one that wants this to happen? Bring the noise. Dave is all about the traveling and this is the perfect travel accessory.

Hey, Im the guy who started this thread but had to disappear for a while and don't remember my old password or have the previous email used. Also, I too and still waiting for Dave to get this product out there.

Just gonna throw this out there and see what sticks...

The Cable bags are incredibly versatile. I have two that I use for Pipe bags. I can see possibly using one as a Dopp bag...... just gotta be a little loose with your definitions.

It's a bit stiffer than most Dopp kits, but the Saddleback travel case makes for a good Dopp kit.

Back