How can I E-mail a paid member, if I'm not a paid member?

Perhaps this has been covered in the TWENTY TWO PAGES in this thread, with nearly 600 posts. I looked through several pages before I gave up.

With the old software, I could just hover my cursor over a member's name, and a box opened that included the option: 'E-mail member'.

NOT ANYMORE!

I'm trying to E-mail a member right now, and I cannot find any possible way to do it. I've spent over an hour, trying to send an E-mail.

Where is this feature hidden now? I sure can't find it!

Thank you.

The email feature is no more, profile posts are the only way to contact a member if both parties aren't paid members.

Emailing a member isn't an automatic option with this new software unless they give it to you or put it in a thread.
Try sending a profile post, they are the old visitor message.

Emailing a member isn't an automatic option with this new software unless they give it to you or put it in a thread.
Try sending a profile post, they are the old visitor message.
Just remember that profile posts are not private, and anyone logged in will be able to read it.

For the most part I'm quite happy with the new format, but I do miss the email link.

A basic membership is quite reasonable and helps keep this forum going. That is the simplest answer to your problem.

Profile messages are not necessarily the answer...while they can't be turned off, like the old visitor messages, they can be restricted; so, depending on the other person's chosen settings, the option might not be there.

If you leave a Profile Post, does the person you're contacting receive an alert (email) or do they just eventually discover the post in the profile?

Depends on the individual's notification settings - I don't remember an option to receive an email, but there is an option for alerts...of course, the alert flag only helps when here.

Back