How cool would it be... Marine Raider with stacked leather handle & phosphated blade!

Was looking at my SP10 Marine Raider Bowie... and was thinking how cool it would be to see Ontario make a version with a stacked leather handle, metal butt cap, and a parkerized blade... Just saying! ;)

Maybe we could even ask if they would do a run for a group buy here on the Ontario Knife subforum :)

Last edited:
The thing about the Ontario SP series, is that some of the blade designs are simply their classic military blades. They take these classic knife designs and make them with kraton handles, sans metal guards (on some), and sans butt caps (again, on some). They finish the blades in powder coating (rather than phoshate treatment)... and an SP knife is born.
On the other hand, some of the SP series seem to be strictly born as SP series design. So, I don't believe the SP10 was ever conceived as anything different than what we see it being (which is a very awesome knife as is). Was just thinking how it would be very neat to see them take this model, (sp10), and do the reverse on it, by pulling it out of the SP Series catagory, and making it an old school classic type.

*Phosphate the blade
*Leave the guard, but also add a steel buttcap (ah-la 498 style)
*Stacked tan or brown leather handle, instead of synthetic
*Full leather sheath would be a nice final touch to make the package really be classy (and classic in style)

Ontario... Please consider making this happen! :)
Out of your entire SP series, the SP10 is the one that screams out the most for such an option to be made of it.

And please, don't get me wrong, the sp10 is a beast and a beaut already... but it would be the best candidate for such modification... It would prove desirable to the masses, and I'm willing to bet that it would prove to be a profitable endeavor for you guys.... That whole win win situation! I also would bet that your company would almost be recognized most, in the following years after putting out such a Marine Raider, for this model. It would likely spawn you guys to even offer it with a kraton handle (in black, olive drab, and desert tan colors), and powder coat finish, while still keeping a steel butt cap pommel.
Just saying ;-)

Last edited:
We can't make any promises, but that does sound interesting. Now thinking of it, PKJ, how cool would a Raider with a stacked leather handle and an uncoated blade look in one of your cases. Kind of like our P3 and P4. That would probably have to be a wall-hanger though.

Your description of the Spec Plus series is pretty much spot on. Classic and new knives are made (or remade) with one thing in mind: function. It's all about practicality with the Spec Plus series (although, clearly, the Raider was designed to be impressive to behold as well). To be honest, as much fun as this idea sounds, this is probably the suggestion we've seen here that would be hardest to run with. We discuss everything we get from you guys here though, and hopefully we'll be able to act on at least a few of the really great ideas this forum sends our way.

That would make a great looking knife, it already has those classic Bowie lines. With a nice leather or wood handle and an uncoated blade it would be a real looker, think Svord von Tempsky Bowie. Count me in for one :thumbup:

I'm drooling over the possibility of a stacked leather Raider, whether naked or phosphate coated. Great idea! :thumbup::cool:

I have always liked stacked leather. I would definitely go for one of these.

Tom

Now thinking of it, PKJ, how cool would a Raider with a stacked leather handle and an uncoated blade look in one of your cases.

Was thinking about what you said... And I like your thinking, Sir... So much so, that if you guys made such a unicorn, I would gladly & proudly display it in one of my displays! Hey, just sayin', ya know ;)

I sorely missed getting a hold of the old sp patrol
__1_COUTEAU-ONXSPS32-Ontario-Spec-Plus-Stealth-Patrol-CHASSE-TACTICAL.jpg

So it would be a great deal to me if it makes a comeback
in a classy presentation standard classic stack leather...
Not that the original Kraton model was any less ideal for actual field work.

Stacked leather versions of several Spec Plus models would be welcome. Coated or not. An SP6 or SP10 done up like your P3 Quartermaster would be great. I mean, like, really great. Are sprint runs feasible?

The short answer to all of this is that it sounds great, but if it happens, it probably wouldn't be soon. We've had a lot of good ideas suggested since jumping onto blade forums though, and we'll try to figure out which ones we can run with.

The short answer to all of this is that it sounds great, but if it happens, it probably wouldn't be soon. We've had a lot of good ideas suggested since jumping onto blade forums though, and we'll try to figure out which ones we can run with.

Thanks for listening. Thats all we can ask. :)

Tom

A leather handled Marine Raider would be cool but I'd love to see one made with a full tang and micarta slab scales. A Marine Raider with a crown stag handle and uncoated blade would also look quite sexy.

I can not stand hearing the guys say that they want it with slabs of micarta as this is not a BK Lego knife but a users knife. A knife that knife users use, not play with.

I must say that a full tang marine raider would be awesome. Even more a beast than it is now.

I really like the idea! I think that this would make the sp10 a more common competitor to the Bk9(although they are in different categories, and would be in further different categories)
I would buy in for sure.

Back