How do you carry your fixed blade

I made a horizontal carry leather sheath for my Izula to carry around town instead of around my neck. I made it horizontal to help it blend in with my belt. It amazes me to see the looks on peoples face when they see it. If the people who saw my Izula only knew that the folder I also carry is even bigger they would really flip.How do you carry your fixed blade in a public type setting?

I dont have an izula but all my small fixed blades I just make a iwb loop out of leather and wear them inside the waistband.

I would never carry a fixed blade in public because it would feel out of place but my brother is a maintenance man and uses a rodent solution for work. He carries it horizontally tek locked on his belt or just slips it into his pocket. The izzy and solution are in my opinion two of the most sheeple fixed blades put there. anything bigger like a 3 and you might get some looks. Ill stick with my para2 for edc and leave the fixed blades for the country :D Lord knows my 5 would scare the balls of just about anyone in a public setting.

Down the front of my pants with a little bit of the tip sticking out of the zipper.

Keeps people from approaching me. :thumbup:

Lately I have been carrying it in the standard case with paracord wrap for a belt loop. And it sits perfectly horizontal on left front of my pants above my pocket, riding un noticed.

IZZY goes in front right hand pocket next to my wallet

Out of sight and within reach, bigger tools go right side of belt perpendicular to belt under jacket.

I prefer not to display in public.

Cheers,
Guy

My izula I just put it in my pocket. The 6, I haven't had a chance to figure out yet. I wear basketball shorts all the time so belt carry isn't an option. I might rig something up to carry it on my backpack straps.

I EDC both my Izula and ESEE 3 on my left side. Word on the belt with a large/small Tek Lock. I have them both displayed in open sight and haven't had a thing said to me yet. Time will tell.

I hang mine from a carabiner I have when I am in the outdoors, hiking, camping whatever.
I love my Izula.
I want a Junglas.. but it's on back order. =(

Small ones like the Izula go in the pocket. If its one of the bigger ones though, it usually just rides in my pack until called upon

Lately I have been carrying it in the standard case with paracord wrap for a belt loop. And it sits perfectly horizontal on left front of my pants above my pocket, riding un noticed.
I wear my Izula with this set-up when bicycling, only it sits with the handle above my right front pocket - it's inconspicuous and allows for quick deployment should I get a shoe-lace wrapped in pedal or chain, am attacked by a dog, etc. I untuck and drape my shirt over the handle when necessary for better concealment. I'm still working on rigging a pocket-clip to the sheath for EDC, but for now I have folders that fill that function.

3mil horizontal w/ a tek lok on the left side. When I'm at work I have the izula on my right flank vertically using a modded boot clip from the 3.

I carry,

Izula in the knife pocket of my Tac-Lite Pro's with a flimsy leather sheath I made for the purpose.

ESEE-4 on the belt with 550 and a cordlock.

God bless,
Adam

Back