How do you post photos on the new Blade Forums?

It's cheaper to host your own pictures with one of the web hosting sites (GoDaddy, ect) than to pay photobuckets new prices.
And if someone with as stone age of a computer ability as me can figure out their website builder, anyone can

It's cheaper to host your own pictures with one of the web hosting sites (GoDaddy, ect) than to pay photobuckets new prices.
And if someone with as stone age of a computer ability as me can figure out their website builder, anyone can
My web site is with GoDaddy and I can't do it. My wife built the site and it's all computer code. No template or easy way to do it.

wow, 12 years of photos gone... at the least, they should have left all the old photos and only applied the new stipulations to newly uploaded stuff. thousands of works in progress and how-to tutorials have disappeared across many hobbies from this :(

wow, 12 years of photos gone... at the least, they should have left all the old photos and only applied the new stipulations to newly uploaded stuff. thousands of works in progress and how-to tutorials have disappeared across many hobbies from this :(
Millions of photos and videos on many forums.

My web site is with GoDaddy and I can't do it. My wife built the site and it's all computer code. No template or easy way to do it.
I would be totally lost with that as well... I used the relitivly new website builder they offer. Sort of like a CAD/CAM program. You just make everything look how you want it to on a template, and it does all the coding automatically. The hosting with that system starts around $10 a month, and comes standard with 250 photos
You could upgrade it to thousands of pictures before coming close to what photobucket costs.

It's another option at least. And at least with hosting your own pictures you'll never have to worry about something like this mess happening.

I would be totally lost with that as well... I used the relitivly new website builder they offer. Sort of like a CAD/CAM program. You just make everything look how you want it to on a template, and it does all the coding automatically. The hosting with that system starts around $10 a month, and comes standard with 250 photos
You could upgrade it to thousands of pictures before coming close to what photobucket costs.

It's another option at least. And at least with hosting your own pictures you'll never have to worry about something like this mess happening.
We pay $100 per year for the site hosting and get way more than 250 photos. Had it since 2002... I'm sure my wife could set up a page on our site to host extra photos and I could copy/paste from there? I'll ask her.

I also would not mind paying PB $100 per year, but not $400.

IMG_2444.jpg
You can still post directly from your desktop to BFC and the new software does it a lot better IMO. It gives you the full-size image option. You just have to play around with the size of the file.
If you do not want to play around with image size try this free app.

I've been using Flickr, which is pretty simple, and so far free.

I just found out Photo bucket is holding all my images hostage. Luckily I save all the pro images to my desktop. I just opened up a Flickr account. Testing right now. Let me know if you can see the image.

Thanks Bing

35986187936_2335884bf8_b.jpg

I've been using Flickr for the better part of a decade. Pricing is reasonable at ~$44 for two years of Flickr Pro (unlimited). I had some intermittent hickups with their servers a couple of years back, but all issues have been resolved for awhile now.
Erin

I would be immensely cautious about using 'free' hosting services. It's not to say that a paid service can't jack their pricing up and make it difficult, but I can't remember seeing an instance of that. It was stated earlier... nothing is free.

Well said. I'll use Imgur for posting here, but I keep everything backed up separately. I've gotten very anal about that after a dieing computer cost me a couple years worth of pictures and documents. Everything, not just knife stuff.
I'd highly recommend everyone have at least one or two CDs or flash drives with their pictures on in addition to the hosting of your choice. That way if something like this happens you'll still have everything saved, and not be held hostage by anyone

There is a workaround for photobucket that works for now... At the end of the photo link, manually enter ~original

Eta- that said, PB is not a site that I will be using anymore. The above is just a temporary workaround.

IMG_4201_zpsn8nknmia.jpg~original

This might be the end of photobucket.

I just switched to postimg.org for now untill I set up a website myself and host my own pics

Back