How many fishing rods do you own ?

refuse to count them !!!! that way I don't have to lie about how many I have when asked:rolleyes:

Just counted 18 that I can think of. 7 are for ice fishing, 2 catfish rods, and the rest for walleye, pike, and panfish.
Add 2 more poles to mine. I ordered a couple 2 piece Cabelas rods that they had on sale last night. A medium fast 7' and a medium light fast 7'. I wanted to get a couple that I could use for my shore fishing around all the rocks we have here and not worry about them too much, but I also wanted a couple that I could take with when we go out of town too. The medium and medium light should be able to catch anything that I might run into.

I do know I use tenkara rods telescopic bream poles and Cuban yoyo reels more than conventional rod and reels
Roy

This thread makes me feel a lot better. I think my number is around 50, but I'm afraid to count precisely. I like plumberroy's take on things...

refuse to count them !!!! that way I don't have to lie about how many I have when asked:rolleyes:

I would hate to count my fishing rods as much as I would hate to count my guns or knives. I guess the best answer is "almost" as many as I need.

I own 33 rod and reel combos and about 5 reels that are homeless. I have an addiction and am trying to remedy that (I had over 50) I no longer boat fish and only fish from the yak, so I definitely have way too many for my own good.

I think a more depressing question would be "count how much money you have in fishing rods and reels "...lol. haha

I think your auto correct went crazy dude or maybe I'm missing something cause I have no idea what you were saying...haha

5 all rigged for different uses, could prob. get by with 3 but whats the fun in that?!
Spinning
Ultra-Light Spinning
Bait Casting
River Cat Setup
& a Trolling Rig

I dont know , a bunch .I still have my first rod purchased in the 60's , a Shakespeare Wonder rod .

6, each with a specific purpose and all get used
  • St Croix UL, fast action with Shimano Stradic CI4 1000 - panfish, small streams, trout
  • St Croix M, fast action with Shimano Stradic CI4 2500 - larger streams, lakes, trout, bass, etc
  • Berkley Cherrywood L action spinning rod with Zebco trigger spin reel - drop fishing for crappie and bream when I want a second rod in the water and as a loaner for my wife for the occasions she comes
  • two Unknown brand telescoping crappie jigging rod with integral crank/reel in handle - used to drop fish in shallow areas that are weedy and covered with limbs up near the banks where casting is dangerous
  • tenkara fly rod for hiking and camping as a simple, light weight, packable option to hit small streams along the way

For a guy that fishes primarily for bream, crappie, and trout, these cover all my bases with a little bit of crossover, the options for larger fish when fishing with friends, and gives me a loaner rod when needed.

3 zebco 202's and 2 nicer shakespears from yard sales. what can i say, I'm cheap. we mostly fish worms with an occasional minnow anyway, more for the fun of being outside than looking to catch dinner.

I have about 9-10 rods. I`m actually a little unsure.
But to my defence; I need them all.

My wife can't understand why I might be hesitant to loan the use of one of my rod/reel combo if a friend/relative needs something to use. She doesn't realize that some of those combos cost as much as $500. Sort of like loaning out a knife....... I do have some kiddie setups that I could loan out, but I would be a little embarrassed to provide that to an adult. I have rod/reel combos for each local grand kid and of course they only used them one or two times.

Give them a Disney princess rod and reel until they earn the right, I've done it before. They laugh, then I take the same outfit and catch a limit of trout.

Back