How much to jimp a 9" knife all the way down the spine.....

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
And on the blade sides?

I want it to sound like a ripcord when it comes out of the kydex.

:D

Moose

srsly.jpg

;)

LMAO!

For all the people going "What in the world are these idiots talking about?!" ... there was a little conversation at the Spring 2014 Beckerhead Gathering about Tackett, Hunt and I doing a knife collaboration. There may have been some adult beverages involved... and, well... things got a little strange. I blame Moose. :D

Oh sure.....blame the handsome guy.....

Moose

Oh sure.....blame the handsome guy.....

*ahem* I love ya bro, but no one ever called you a pretty boy; and there's a reason for that.

That would call for a whole nother poll of who's the fairest of them all in this terrible misguided saga. Personally, I don't think it's wise for any of us to start that particular ball rolling, but if you really want to go there... I suppose I have nothing to lose. :rolleyes: At the very least, I'm pretty sure I'm the tallest, so that's gotta count for something... or not...

:D

Ima in yer old thread bumping it. This question was never fully answered in my (inexpert) opinion. How much to jimp? In the latter days of Schrade it was decided to revive a discontinued fixed blade in stainless instead of it's traditional 1095HC. The intent was to create a broad platform for custom filled etches and lasered cutouts for SFOs. Ducks Unlimited was one customer for these unique blades, but there were others such as the NRA. Here is a recently seen blank of the broached, ground and polished blade blank before laser and art applied. Yes, it was done on a broaching die. Is it enough? Too much?

59v3me.jpg

How much to jimp?

The going rate is $5 per jimp.

Yes... seriously... I charge $5 for each individual jimp or filework thingamabob.

Why? Because I really, sincerely don't want to do it.

It's a huge pain in the neck to do correctly by hand, and it adds a boat-load of extra work/cost that really shouldn't be necessary if I've done my job to begin with. I do not currently make "art knives", and I would not advise anyone to hold their breath waiting for that to happen.

If my knives don't cut the way I say they will, or aren't comfortable enough, or balanced right, or secure-in-hand, or even good-looking-enough as they are... I've failed. And there's no amount of jimping or filework that's gonna make a difference.

Last edited:
Back