How to determine value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably start by doing a search online for the maker and see if they are still in business, and if there is any negative press associated with the brand.

From there, I would locate the model that I had. This can be done by looking for collectors of the brand, a forum or message board dedicated to said brand, or asking on an automatic heavy based forum, I offer this since you said it was a push button, and not allowed on ebay.

Search for info on the blade alloy, if it is stated on the knife or paperwork, some are more rare than others, and combined with a brand, might narrow it down quite quickly.
------
I figured that this stuff would be common sense, and instead you asked someone to do the leg work for you. This could have easily been done by yourself. Especially since you used to be into knives enough to have a payed membership (for two years), I figure you should have been able to think of these things, but chose to take the easier route...

Sorry to disappoint you.

Thanks for the "help." And thanks for the subtle accusation of laziness. I'm not asking for someone to do any leg work for me. I just asked a SINGLE QUESTION and, instead of a simple answer I have been lectured all evening on why you don't want to help me. As I have said a few times, I'm not a knife guy. I just have a lot of them. I've already said all this. If I was interested in the "easier route" I sure wouldn't have bothered trying to get an answer to what should have been a very simple question from guys who supposedly love the hobby enough to be helpful to someone asking. I don't know what alloy the blade is, it is not common sense to someone who is asking for help. So thanks again. It's been a wonderful experience. And please don't apologize for something you aren't sorry for. You just couldn't resist getting in a dig, eh? All you've done is provide responses aimed at annoying me more than helping. So if that was your goal: well played.

This looks like it has gone about as far as it's going to go..

fini

Oh look..someone else thought the same. Glad it was taken care of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back