How to tie the Snake Braid

91bravo

Gold Member
For all the Heads here, I've posted this on various forums, might as well share here too!

This one is my favorite of all the braids

Start off like this
DSC03063_zps26989675.jpg

Take the left strand and wrap it over and under the right strand
DSC03064_zps65c51d1f.jpg

Take right strand and wrap it under the left strand
DSC03065_zps1187dae3.jpg

Take that same strand and put it through the loop you just created on the right side
DSC03066_zps5e10dbd1.jpg

Carefully cinch down
DSC03067_zps1f1ad68b.jpg

It should look like this when cinched
DSC03068_zps725b7fc8.jpg

Repeat above steps
DSC03069_zps9fa1c9af.jpg

DSC03070_zpsecf498bb.jpg

DSC03071_zps37cfd00c.jpg

DSC03072_zps42cb79a8.jpg

Just tie the same knot over and over again until you reach the length you desire!

You can even do 2 colors with this one as well
DSC05820_zpsc2871eeb.jpg

DSC06382_zps2b3976c9.jpg

Thanks bravo, I've watched a dozen videos and got nothing. Looked at your pictures and got it!!!

Thank you for the excellent demo, I have been wanting to learn some paracord magic.

Nice looking leather. Definitely has some great personality. Looks like you could drop a Ruger Vaquero in there and it would be right at home.

Thanks for the reminder. I really like the black and white!
I did a ton of lanyards 3 or 4 years ago, though none in the snake style.
I've completely forgotten how to do them.
Should really get back in practice - most of my latest additions are currently cordless.

She still has that thread somewhere. Ever since we exited that other place, I don't think she wants to join any other forums!
If you can find it, and post it up, it would be much appreciated and be awesome! I don't remember how to do it unfortunately. I just remember tying it on grandma's izula but the knife needs a good DEEP clean and sharpening so the wrap has to come off. She likes it though so I wanted to put it back on there. Hers is tied up with pink and orange reflective so she can find it easy. It's actually pretty hilarious.

If you can find it, and post it up, it would be much appreciated and be awesome! I don't remember how to do it unfortunately. I just remember tying it on grandma's izula but the knife needs a good DEEP clean and sharpening so the wrap has to come off. She likes it though so I wanted to put it back on there. Hers is tied up with pink and orange reflective so she can find it easy. It's actually pretty hilarious.

lol The main reason why I don't want to post it is because we gave up on pretty much everything branded ESEE! It was on the old ESEE forum, but all that information is lost forever!

lol The main reason why I don't want to post it is because we gave up on pretty much everything branded ESEE! It was on the old ESEE forum, but all that information is lost forever!
Got ya! Sorry, sounds like some heinous falling out happened. :( That sucks. No worries I'll try to "reverse engineer" it as I take it off.

Back