Hunt plus series

Any specs and pics of the new hunt plus series ?
I would love to know more about these interesting knives

Okay, so here's the deal on Hunt Plus - as you're all well aware, we've gotten pretty into outdoor/survival knives in recent years, and it has gone pretty well for us. We've only really made a few high end hunters though (Robeson Heirloom Series, the Limited Edition RAT 3 variant). We thought it was important to make affordable hunting knives, so we got really creative about how we could make one that was low cost but not cheap. In the end, we came up with two knives, a Skinner and a Drop Point. The Skinner price, at full MSRP, is $57.50, with the drop point at $56.95. Both knives are Made in the USA, with stainless steel blades and textured synthetic rubber handles (it feels a lot like Kraton). Both have 4 inch blades and are 9.19 inches overall, and I've got to tell you, they are comfortable, well balanced, and have a great grip.

I am really excited for Hunt Plus, so you know what... we're gonna give one of each away on BladeForums when they come out.

Okay, so here's the deal on Hunt Plus - as you're all well aware, we've gotten pretty into outdoor/survival knives in recent years, and it has gone pretty well for us. We've only really made a few high end hunters though (Robeson Heirloom Series, the Limited Edition RAT 3 variant). We thought it was important to make affordable hunting knives, so we got really creative about how we could make one that was low cost but not cheap. In the end, we came up with two knives, a Skinner and a Drop Point. The Skinner price, at full MSRP, is $57.50, with the drop point at $56.95. Both knives are Made in the USA, with stainless steel blades and textured synthetic rubber handles (it feels a lot like Kraton). Both have 4 inch blades and are 9.19 inches overall, and I've got to tell you, they are comfortable, well balanced, and have a great grip.

I am really excited for Hunt Plus, so you know what... we're gonna give one of each away on BladeForums when they come out.

These blades are going to be very useful !
What is the thickness of the stock ?

I would like to see these in carbon steel, any chance of that?

Probably not in the short term. They are brand new items that we're unlikely to tinker with right away. We are doing a carbon steel and phosphated tactical line (Spec Plus Alpha) that is conceptually similar. The hunting knives will have uncoated blades though, so we are going with stainless to prevent corrosion.

Probably not in the short term. They are brand new items that we're unlikely to tinker with right away. We are doing a carbon steel and phosphated tactical line (Spec Plus Alpha) that is conceptually similar. The hunting knives will have uncoated blades though, so we are going with stainless to prevent corrosion.

I would like to hear more about the Alpha.

Revolverrodger,

The Hunt Plus and Spec Plus Alpha series knives are both 0.1875" (3/16") thick.
Hope this helps.

Bes Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Revolverrodger,

The Hunt Plus and Spec Plus Alpha series knives are both 0.1875" (3/16") thick.
Hope this helps.

Bes Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

I'm really looking forward to that knife
I hope the sheath is not crap !

Back