Hunting Photos 2016

So far this year I've only got some dove hunting in. But I'm headed to NV for deer in 3 weeks, should get some good photos then. Hopefully a big deer too!

Fotor_14731161149757_zpsyi6slsn3.jpg~original

Had a good season shooting over cut safflower, everybody got some birds this year!

-Xander

Yep, early model Wingmaster. Replaced the barrel this year, ditched the trap barrel (30" fixed full choke) and went with an aftermarket 28" with replaceable chokes. Keeping the trap barrel since it's original to the gun.

-Xander

For this country that are pretty good especially given that he is a chunky but not huge boar. The ground here is very rocky so most boars I shoot have the tusks all broken up. I should have recovered these ones but I was feeling really last with about an hour and a half to walk back to camp as it was.

Thank you. They sure do look like a formidable animal, too bad they're such a nuisance.

Kimbers are the only way to go👍👍

Not necessarily, I've owned four Kimbers, three Coopers, several Anschütz, Dakota, and an ULA. The ULA outshot all of them. I can carry it in the rain and it still shoots to POA.

Good taste in rifles JB. I'm partial to Kimbers but I like some of the newer Annie's I've played with. I'm down to only one Kimber Rimfire but I kept my SA in 22hornet

The Clackamas Kimbers are the only ones I cared for, two of them I got direct from Kimber. I had the guy at the factory going over exactly what they had in inventory and had him pick a .223 84 and .22 rimfire 82 Custom Classic for me. I paid $640 each through Prairie Shooters Supply. Both were left handed. This was during the time Steve Timm was working with Kimber.

Layne Simpson (the gunwriter) lives about 30 minutes from me, he had a bunch of Kimbers in unusual calibers. I don't know for sure but think he sold his some years ago.

I've tried several rifles in my 50 years on this rocky iron spinning ball and have liked this little Kimber best out of all, so in light of that and precious few dollars to spend trying others, I suppose that this one will be a good to use until I no longer can. :)

Got this one yesterday morning. Felt bad didn't get out any today. Hopefully tommorrow. Air temps slowly getting better. Kimber Hunter 22 with Weaver RV9.
Squirrel%205%20of%202016-2017%20a.jpg

Got these two early this morning. Sat in a good spot with the Beeman R.177 pellet rifle, but had worried about multiple squirrels showing up and not being able to get a followup shot on a moving target, so I had the Grulla 209E 12 gauge SxS with me too, and I did shoot one then another running away as I had thought might happen.
Squirrel%206%20and%207%20of%202016-2017.jpg

I was hunting in the Cariboo area of BC and bagged this moose two days ago it was the last day that I had available to hunt our draw for the area. Called him in from a long way out, I did not take any photos of one of my knives at work to quarter him up as I was on my own and was a little preoccupied with the large task of quartering and packing out a moose on my own! Thankfully the Conservation Officer came along once I was at the truck and gave me a hand loading the quarters into the back. This is a good sized moose for the central interior of BC as they do not get as large as their Northern Cousins and he has some cool drop tines in the front.

29972194436_b3ce58d1c3.jpg
[/url]IMG_20160927_090345 by G dub 1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Got out early Sunday morning around seven, beautiful cool morning with no wind, easier to spot squirrels. Just a beautiful morning right after sunrise here in Alabama.
Spotted this squirrel around thirty yards away moving around in the top of a pecan tree. Had to be patient a few minutes to get a shot not obstructed by leaves, then dropped a .22 caliber Eun Jin Dome pellet right through the old noggin, and it dropped straight down without even a twitch. Spotted a couple more later across the woods with binoculars, but the wind had picked up a little bit and I could not relocate them as I crept closer to where I had spotted them. Rifle is a .22 caliber Evanix AR6 Renegade pcp air rifle with Nikon's 3-9x40mm EFR scope.
Squirrel%208%20of%202016-2017.jpg

First rabbit of the season; I was going through the edge of a small open area in my woods that is full of weeds and a big brush pile when it flushed and ran, but then committed a fatal error and stopped right before running into the thick growth, somewhere around about 20 yards or so away. Peeked the barrel of the Kimber Hunter around the tree I was standing behind just enough to clear it and put a CCI Subsonic through the head. It flopped around on the ground for a few seconds and I thought it might need another bullet to finish it off, but in a few seconds the thrashing around was done. Not a big rabbit, but probably average sized for a cottontail around these parts.
Rabbit%201%20of%202016-2017.jpg

I was hunting in the Cariboo area of BC and bagged this moose two days ago it was the last day that I had available to hunt our draw for the area. Called him in from a long way out, I did not take any photos of one of my knives at work to quarter him up as I was on my own and was a little preoccupied with the large task of quartering and packing out a moose on my own! Thankfully the Conservation Officer came along once I was at the truck and gave me a hand loading the quarters into the back. This is a good sized moose for the central interior of BC as they do not get as large as their Northern Cousins and he has some cool drop tines in the front.

29972194436_b3ce58d1c3.jpg
[/url]IMG_20160927_090345 by G dub 1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Beauty moose! I'm going to go out for a day or two to chase blacktails this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some photos to post too :)

Back