Hunting season 2009/10

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
For those that hunt, please post about your time afield. I really would like to hear how you guys do this season. Doesn't matter what you are pursuing. I enjoy hearing about everyone's adventures. Post pics if you can.
Thanks and best of luck. :thumbup:
Scott

Shot a big doe last night with my bow. First time out this season. Double lung hit and she only ran about 25 yards before expireing. Looking forward to some of my wife's venison stew.

Mike

Shot a big doe last night with my bow. First time out this season. Double lung hit and she only ran about 25 yards before expireing. Looking forward to some of my wife's venison stew.

Mike

Pic added
Scott

Attachments

• mikedoe.jpg
    mikedoe.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 97
Well I think I saw the big buck everyone is talking about on the farm. He was out about 400 yds right at dusk so I could not see his rack, but his body was huge. Funny thing is he was about 150 yds. from my buddy's stand.
Scott

Our rifle season opens up Saturday. I can not wait. Got one with my bow already but it sure is a lot nicer with a gun. Closes the gap so to speak. Hope to put some pork or venison on the ground this weekend.

My youngest son--1st elk, he also passed an ethics test had a 6x6 growling right next to his ground blind and he made himself ignore big daddy and concentrate on a cow and fill his tag-- his dad is proud of him. brother-in -law 1st elk, and nephew 2nd elk--meat is all cut and in the freezer----great year............Steve

Thanks Scott-I enjoyed your website going backward from gallery page #3 count to #7 a skinner? is my favorite--Steve

Thanks Scott-I enjoyed your website going backward from gallery page #3 count to #7 a skinner? is my favorite--Steve

Glad you enjoyed the site. yes, pic #7 is my semi skinner hunter. I still have that knife.

Thurs. was the early muzzleloader opener. No luck. Today started out terrible. Went to leave this morning and had a flat tire. My buddy came by and helped me out. I got two new back tires and was able to make the evening hunt. My buddy Craig made a beautiful 120 yd. shot on a good size doe. Dropped in her tracks. all in all a good day. I'll post pics tomorrow.

edit to add: I used the new size WST but found it was too wide and a bit awkward for game work. It did excell at splitting the breastbone. It blew through the breast like butter.
Scott

Last edited:
Wish you luck on hunt #2 --if #1 went that badly it can only get better from now on. The meat in the freezer is always a welcome bonus but it is the "therapy" of getting into the woods and out of the rat race that I need the most.....Steve

Thanks Steve.
Here are a couple of pics from Friday evening's hunt. It was dark so the pics aren't that great.
Scott

Attachments

• Picture 295.jpg
    Picture 295.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Picture 298.jpg
    Picture 298.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 60
Went out of state to southern Ohio bowhunting. Saw 8 bucks Wednesday night.Spent 15 minutes grunting in a buck and shot him at 8 yards and watched him run out and drop. He was a 15 inch wide 5pt. My buddy shot a 125 inch 10pt Thursday morning. Was a great time afield!

Mike

Thanks Steve. Way to go Mike, outstanding. :thumbup:
No luck for me this early muzzleloader. Back to bowhunting the rut next week.
Scott

Back