I had quadruple bypass surgery 5\24\17. Any one here with experience? This mine.

Well another day of I FEEL GOOD!.As I said before it seems keeping my Blood pressure down is the key.
I see my cardioligst and surgeon Thursday and hopefully will get a script for cardio rehab,So I can get back to work asap, I am soooo bored but also know I have proly another 2 months before I will be ready and cleared for it.
The good news is I have been able to pursue my knife making and modding hoby. I finished this today.
20170620_110048.jpg
It used to be this.
20170609_124628.jpg

Last edited:
I saw my cardioligst and surgeon today and they both were happy with my progress. I have been CLEARED to drive. Yeaaaaaaa!
I am not supposed to lift more than 10lb,s for 2 more months. I did get a prescription to go to cardio rehab :)the doc says it will speed the healing process. I am going to put the work in and hope to get back to work in a month.
We shall see. I am having another GOOD day. :)

I saw my cardioligst and surgeon today and they both were happy with my progress. I have been CLEARED to drive. Yeaaaaaaa!
I am not supposed to lift more than 10lb,s for 2 more months. I did get a prescription to go to cardio rehab :)the doc says it will speed the healing process. I am going to put the work in and hope to get back to work in a month.
We shall see. I am having another GOOD day. :)
Sounds like you are recovering nicely FOG, just remember to pace yourself.:thumbsup:

Thanks BM and Mykel. Well today 6/24/17 is 30 days post surgery! I feel quite well and had a good long walk already and was able to walk at a faster pace than I have before:) Here's hoping the recovery continues at a good pace.
Evryone have a grrrreat weekend!

The past coupla days I have had some swelling,redness and a small amount of discharge at the wrist end of the incision where they harvested a vein about a quarter in size.
I called my home care nurse in to look at it and she didn't seem to concerned. She called me back a coupla hours later after speaking to my Doctor and said he wanted to se me right away.
After looking at it and squeezing a bit of goop out. He said we have two choices. Either we admit you in the hospital and I.V. Antibiotics or I will prescribe some pills and come back in 2 days. I chose the pills and now I am a bit concerned with his reaction. I guess i will no more Thursday.

It's now Thursday at 4pm, I saw the Doctor a couple of hours ago and he did admit me to the hospital for I.V Antibiotics as there was no improvement and in fact the wound looks a bit worse.
I guess the good news is I anticipated I would be admitted and packed accordingly. (I brought my robe so nobody gets to look at my butt)
I am surprised that they are going to hook me up to Telemetry. It seems they are taking this very seriously. Which is making me a bit nervous as I didnt think it was a big thing.
Doc did say they have seen this before but had never had too reopen the wound. Leading me to believe he is considering opening mine. No big deal I suppose compared to what they have already done but I really don't like needles and knives being used on me, especially since I won't be getting any happy meds;)

Anticipating I would be on hospital food, I bought a yummy bbq lunch for my girl and I:)
And the adventure continues!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the temporary setback. Hopefully its VERY temporary. Good luck and keep us posted. We are all rooting for you.

NChunter I am home today but it is a holiday so tomorrow I need to call about outpatient resources that are available. Are you suggesting a rehab program?

sorry i missed this reply somehow. Yes, I would suggest an outpatient cardiac rehab program

Thanks NC! I did get a rehab appointment but it's almost a month away. I was hoping to be back to work by then, but if so I will still do rehab as I believe ve it would be good for me.

Thanks NC! I did get a rehab appointment but it's almost a month away. I was hoping to be back to work by then, but if so I will still do rehab as I believe ve it would be good for me.
if nothing else, it will give you confidence and knowledge for moving forward

The antibiotics aren't working so today they lanced it open and drained it. They said if it isn't better in a coupla days the would do exploratory surgery.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.
I have been released to go home today (happy dance). I was just counting and it's been about 5 weeks since my surgery and for 2 of them have been hospitalized. I surely hope thats all there is gonna be. I am suspicious of this wound infection though so I will wait and see.

Since I have time off work and a little bit of money saved I would like to do something special for myself.
The problem is I am not healthy enough to go on a fishing trip,which would be my 1st choice. I can't think of a 2nd at least not that I am physically capable of at this time.

Any way I am happy to be going home where I can sleep through the night and not be woken up evry few hours and to not have needles poked in me daily.
Have a happy and safe July 4th!! My friends.

Glad you are out of the hospital...

Shop here for a special knife...

Cheers/bg

Back