I had quadruple bypass surgery 5\24\17. Any one here with experience? This mine.

No worries, they all don't go smooth. When I bonked out and had to go back to the hospital, I had a reaction at an IV site. So they told me I have a Sulfa allergy. And I had mentioned about one of my drainage tubes getting stuck or sutured into my chest.

So, look on the bright side. It sounds like even though you are having some minor setbacks, you are making progress.

Stay Positive!

Thanks guys! My home care nurse came today to re-pack and dress the wound. It looks a bit better than yesterday, yippppeee!
Yes Glenn overall I am getting better and was able to walk further today than previously, thats a good thing!
On the subject of treating myself yesterday I bought a Ken Onion worksharp and ordere the Blade Grinder attachment. I am looking forward to the variable speed as I have been using a 1x30 that runs about 3400 rpm, I will still use it for certain things I am sure but the variable speed is gonna be nice I am sure.
What I really want to do for myself is drive down and spend a few days in the Keys, do some fishing and just chilling in and near the beautiful water that is there. Maybe after I am healed some more that will happen.

Happy 4th everyone!

Another day and the wound looks a little better agian today.
My nurse said to me you haven't been in your shop overworking have you. My girlfriend said nope I won't let him.
I just sigggghhhhhed.
It's hard not to, because as I have said before I am sooooo bored. That and I just got my shop squared away after not having one for a number of years.
I still have my ups and downs as far as feeling good overall. Today I haven't felt great but I am sure that was my fault for having Capt. Morgans last night.
I did research to see if it would affect the antibiotics beforehand and the answer was no.
Have a grrrrreat weekend all!

I saw the Doctor who lanced the infection out and he declared me HEALED. The wound does look good as compared to a week ago and I am looking forward to my home care nurse releasing me tomorrow. I am glad to have her but waking up early every morning to her phone call is getting old. I am looking forward to waking whenever I wanna!.
I stopped in at my work and asked them to put me back on schedule starting in August. Hopefully I am good to go by then.

Imma try and do a lil something in my shop tomorrow. Maybe grind some nail nicks and get some blades shipped out for heat treat, and start tearing a TL29 I have apart to modify. Wish me luck and a double dose of motivation.

I have been tired all the time lately, short of breath easily and cold sweats on occasion. Maybe I should get checked.

Ron you definately want to get checked out. Better safe than sorry, but more importantly if there is something to watch out for it can generally be "fixed" but afterward maybe too late.

Yesterday I had another spot of what appears to be an infection start about an inch away from the last one.
About an hour ago blood started coming out of it and I squeezed some pus out. I guess tomorrow I will make an appoitment to see the Doctor. It is a small spot so hopefully it won't turn into the big nasty wound that the last one did.
One of the disturbing things is I haven't finished the antibiotics from the last time. Which says a bit about the strength of this thing. On the good side they did tell me it wasn't a MRSA....
Updates to come, right now the new season of Game of Thrones is about to start. :)

I loved the the new Game of Thrones!
The wound looks good today so I didn't call the Doctor. Wish me luck!

This last wound is healing well. I was to start cardiac rehab today but my insurance won't pay for it at the facility near me. There is one 20 miles from me they will pay for. I am undecided if I am going to do it.
I did ask my employeer to put me back to work starting in August. 2 or 3 days a week to see how I handle it before going to a full schedule.
Hopefully I am ready by then.

Good luck
This last wound is healing well. I was to start cardiac rehab today but my insurance won't pay for it at the facility near me. There is one 20 miles from me they will pay for. I am undecided if I am going to do it.
I did ask my employeer to put me back to work starting in August. 2 or 3 days a week to see how I handle it before going to a full schedule.
Hopefully I am ready by then.
Those darned insurance companies! What does your doctor think? Maybe it's worth checking out to make sure you know where you stand functionally.

Also, I've heard great things about Caldwell Esselstyn's book "Prevent and reverse heart disease" (nutrition based cure by MD at Cleveland clinic)— healthy for everyone according to him and other MDs.

I highly recommend that you do the cardiac rehab. They monitor your progress, and can provide you with updates as you go. With your ups and downs, and even if you are feeling better, it's worth it to go, in my opinion at least.

Thank you for your input Annr. I had about decided against rehab but I am rethinking it. Thanks Glenn!

If you are interested in Caldwell Esselstyn or considering his dietary approach, he appears in one of their movies "Forks over Knives."
His son, Rip Esselstyn, stars in a follow-on movie: Forks Over Knives Presents: The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue with Rip Esselstyn.

I found these and a few related movies on Netflix quite interesting, inspirational. Of course, you may already know about this...

I am going back to work tomorrow and have anxiety about it. But I am only doing a 6hr shift then 2 days off and then another 6hr shift.
I think I will be ok but I definitely am not 100%.
Wish me luck!

Back