Idea?

JK Knives

Thinking about a pocket prybar, 5/32" thick, 3/4" wide, 4" long, with bottle opener, (no screwdriver tip), and a pocket clip for clipping it on.

Sounds like a good idea to me.....which probably means you and I will be the only two who think that:rolleyes:

I like the idea.
I would like to see it sized to fit a backpocket. That would only really come down to the location/height of the pocket clip.

I take it that these would be ran a little softer to ramp up the toughness?

I don't know if it would be feasible, but a 1/4 or 3/8 socket/driver cut out might be nice too, but that would add to the difficulty of manufacture.

Might be good for a back pocket carry - I already have a knife in the right front pocket, and my flashlight and pen in the left, and I would not want the prybar to booger up my folding knives.

For me the K-tool on my keychain is just right and with me every day.

It's a good idea - not much investment on your part to see how they sell - go for it!

best

mqqn

I also have my K-Tool on my keys daily. Works great for cleaning heat elements on Cryovac and Gas flush machines.

Just in case you folks ever find yourself in that position, lol.

I'd rather have a screw driver than a bottle opener.
Like the pocket clip idea.:thumbsup:
O1 or Ti?

It looks like it can't be made to be reasonably priced to sell and still be able to be profitable.

Bah, sorry to hear it John.

Maybe a Skeleton neck knife or scout carry with a thumb ramp that doubles as a bottle opener?
Something on the smaller side, maybe a 2" - 2.5" blade and a 5" - 5.5" oal. The front of the ramp could just be drilled and cut out with a hack saw/bandsaw fairly easily.

This way it would still be comfortable, and purpose built as a 3 finger knife, while still having a full range of usage. The handle can be drilled for a cord wrap or for handles to be added by the customer, if they are so inclined. Maybe 1/4" and some 1/8" holes for lashing and pins if slabs are made.

Different blade shapes could work well depending on usage.
A straight back for cleaning small game or maximizing the edge length, a skinner/Canadian Belt for skinning/caping, a drop point or semi wharncliffe for campfire work and bushcraft type uses.

Last edited:
Lol. She's not that bad. With that particular knife, you can saw that beauty is in the eye if the beer-holder.
:D
Thanks for the pic John.

I will see if I can do a quick sketch showing what I had in mind.

That knife was from around 2012. I'm thinking of a redesign of that knife too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

On the top knife:
The little scallop in the butt of the handle is easy to grind, and gives room for the pinky to lock the handle in place.
This gives it a secure had feel while only being fully held by 3 fingers and the thumb.
20170629_132812.jpg

Back