IDs for Bigbore577's knives and swords

We regularly get threads here in the Cantina about identifying an HI knife or sword, so I figured I'd start a thread to assist Bigbore's friend Paul who needs help with identifying a bunch of HI products.

What might be the easiest way to make positive IDs (for most of his HI collection) is to do a search of the HI forum for all the posts made by Bigbore577. It will take some wading through the posts, but every purchase made through a Deal of The Day will be there (complete with Yangdu's photo and description of the item, including kami name, in the same thread), along with occasional threads started by Bigbore in which he shows photos of his collection at the time, or describes what he recently ordered from HI (like a 66-pound shipment that I recall).

This link goes to the search results showing the most recent 981 posts,
http://www.bladeforums.com/search/939502/?page=50

in which we can find these gems (for example):
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/packages-inbound.1394285/
and
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/starting-eleven-months-ago.1418841/

At the bottom of the last page of those 981 posts, there is a link "Find older messages" which goes to the remaining 859 earlier posts by Bigbore577. Here's a link to those additional search results:
http://www.bladeforums.com/search/939699/

Maybe this will help.

And if Paul is stumped by some items, he could post photos to this thread and somebody could probably ID it for him.

Excellent plan Meister Tall.
Also allows me to explain that Pauls thread had to be removed. Blade Forum rule, only Gold Members can sell and it has to happen in the Exchange. Their rule, not mine.
That being said we're working on how to effectively make that happen. At the very least we can do a similar post with the contact information so inquiries can be made.
I know there are pictures of the entire collection that we can probably get posted here for identification purposes and to see what's available.
We just can't talk sale or I'm buying or I'm interested. Take that to the contact for Paul via the exchange or this thread will get swallowed as well.

Again we all want to help Paul and Jays wife without question, just have to try and stay in the rules. I for one have had enough spankings, don't want no more.

Ok boys and girls first and foremost this is not a sale thread.
No talk of I want, how much, what's it worth, EMS sent etc. This is just to provide an idea of what BigBores wife and Paul are dealing with.
For contact we'll get a number posted in the exchange. Any sale talk, value talk, buy talk and I have to close this one down. I'll be hated and despised and you all know how sensitive I am.
Photobucket also tells me I've posted enough 3rd party pictures and wants me to pay for something that causes me no end of grief. I think I got these in and then will have to figure something out.
Yall best sit down, there's quite a pile here.

The first ten photos are not displaying, at least not for me. Instead, there's a message for each saying "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting." It looks like a message originating from Photobucket.

It's a beautiful collection, but pictures of the knives in their sheaths don't show the kami marks or models. I suggest that Paul separate these into smaller groups for display purposes.

Can you remind us, what is Paul's Bladeforums ID? You mention "contact information" but it's not clear how to find it.

It would probably be best to send back to auntie, and just have her resell everything, with a modest fee to be paid to HI, for their trouble.

Just a suggestion

I pictured them that way because it would be a tremendous amount of pictures to do each one out of their sheath and pictures of the marks. I can do that on an individual basis if need be. Just ask.
Paul

I've helped with moving gun collections after the owner passes, what you are doing is admirable.
The Photobucket dump is really gonna hurt the research efforts.

I don't understand about what you mean about "the photobucket dump". The pictures were posted by Joeraz. It's the same photos that aren't showing up in the previous reply

I heard it was a request to buy back the whole package for a lump sum.
A few at a time money when they sell might be far more palatable.
But Yangdu must still continue to sell and keep the kami's busy making new knives or the game is over.

They will sell, just need patience, like fine art, collectible cars etc, gotta find the right person at the right time who has the loot.

I was referring to researching the initial sale posts from HI as suggested by Steve Tall. To get a listing with descriptions, photos and other info.

To clarify, I meant, send the knives back to HI in a big strong box, HI doesn't pay anything for the knives, HI knows the values, so they can just sell the knives, keep funds separate from regular sales income, and they get a 10% commission from the sales on a consignment basis.

I personally would not want to bestow that on Yangdu. It's a huge task and one that will take considerable time especially since we want to get what they are really worth which is a lot!
Perhaps she could post pictures and details of a few at a time now and then and leave the transaction between buyer and Paul. Put taking pictures, setting price, packaging, shipping and keeping track is more than I would wish on Yangdu.

Easiest would be to purchase a Gold Membership and post 5 or 6 at a time in the exchange.
Or go one of the auction sites we're forbidden to mention.

That is true, forgot...duh....

Gold membership posting 5 or 6 would work, easiest way I think too.

Everyone please note, they are listed under custom individual knives.

I think this is a good and the best way to go.

Paul you're doing a good thing.

Amazing pictures.

Last edited:
Back