if you had a tight budget

I have lived in WA, OR, ID MT, OK and MO. If I had to choose I would look at Wyoming and MN. In WY you will have the hunting and you could also run a guild service. Knowing you it would only take you a couple of years to have a thriving business. Oh and don't forget the fishing. Remember you have deer (whitetail and mule) elk and speed goats. Plus moose, bear and mountain lion. MN has fishing and hunting and it is beautiful there. But take alook at the taxes on cars and property in both states.

Lived in Duluth for 5+ years and loved it there. Work brought me to Texas, but I miss Minnesota, and Duluth especially.

Duluth is an awesome place, absolutely beautiful in the fall and the outdoors opportunities are great. I would move to the N. half of MN in a heartbeat if I had a job their and a wife that didn't despise cold so much! I'm only 1 state S. and it is already too far North for her.

TN is a great place Mark. There is no state sales tax and the housing market is pretty reasonable. Plus there are mountains and southern hospitality.

I live in the Twin Cities, MN. Duluth is great and not too far north from here. I've lived here since 77 and even though I gripe about the winters and the ticks, I'm not moving anytime soon. Taxes suck and so does road construction but the outdoors is gorgeous and the people pretty friendly. I am looking at some acreage in my future too. Let us know!

Mark, I would recommend western N.C.(at altitude). You would avoid the humidity during the summer months & the winter's wouldn't be nearly as severe as Duluth! Just my two cents worth.........Bill

Back