Question Ignored Member Content on New Forum

Hi all!
On the old forum I could see when someone on my ignore list posted to a thread, but the content would be blocked by a link. I could click on the link to read their post, if I was interested.

On the new forum, ignored folks are completely invisible to me.

Is there a setting I can change (or that admin can change) to go back to the old way?

Thanks!

I have not put anyone on ignore, for obvious reasons. I will try to put you on ignore and see what your posts look like. We might be able to learn something.

ETA: You are correct, commentary from ignored members is completely out of sight. That might not be a bad thing, as it helps fulfill the function of the option completely. The only way I can see is to go to the "People you ignore" list in your profile and take a person off ignore to see what is going on in a specific thread. There is also a request for people to be able to see who has looked at or read a thread, what specific thread/location a person is at at any given moment, etc. Spark more than likely knows a lot more about the subject that I do.

Last edited:
Thanks, RevDevil RevDevil
Through lurking GBU I've learned I might have personality incompatibility for an Exchange transaction with a few folks...but I'm still interested in reading their posts throughout the forum. The old system made managing that easy. I'd love to see that same functionality back again. I don't want to bug him (or any of you awesome mods!), but is this a request I should feed up to Spark?

-hopefully you remembered to take me off ignore, Rev! :)

(Note: In case you're passing through, this does NOT apply to any of you member's I've compleeted transactions with--you guys were all great!)

I did take you off ignore, lol. At this point, we can only hope that Spark can continue to fine tune the software to more closely resemble what everyone was accustomed to. This is one issue that might make sense to try and adjust for some folks.

When it is completely invisible, if they post "ill take it" to a sales thread of yours, other buyers could be discouraged from even calling seconds and you wouldn't know anything was going on.

At the bottom right just above the reply window there is a tab 'show ignored content'. (if there are any posts from members you've put on ignore)

At the bottom right just above the reply window there is a tab 'show ignored content'. (if there are any posts from members you've put on ignore)
I see that now. Thanks!
It is kinda inconspicuous and hidden down there-- & only on the page with ignored content.
I've also noticed that the post # will skip if something is blocked.

Still, if possible, I'd love to see a more conspicuois place-holder in the thread to let me know concealed content was there. It's kind if of a pain having to check each post # for continuity and scan each page for fine print at the bottom.

When it is completely invisible, if they post "ill take it" to a sales thread of yours, other buyers could be discouraged from even calling seconds and you wouldn't know anything was going on.

That's even a more compelling reason to have something similar to the old "place holding" way! Good comment!

I've never used this "total ignore" option, and it seems pretty odd to me.

So, if a member asks a question, and then doesn't respond to some of the answers posted, it might mean that he actually hasn't seen them, doesn't even know that a response has been posted? This could make for some disjointed and confusing discussions.

This actually explains a lot.

I LOVE the new ignore function. The only time I can tell they are still alive is if they for some reason like a post I make, or if they are the last poster on a thread, in which case it shows the poster as "Ignored member" when you look at the thread list.

Another interesting side effect is that if they start a thread, you don't see the thread in your thread list, so all of the posts by non-ignored members in that thread don't show up. Well, they do show up if you open the thread in some other manner. For example, clicking on a post from the "new posts" link will still take you into the thread, and then you can read all of the non-ignored posts. Until you close the thread and can't find it again. ;)

An important reason to correct this set up PLEASE.

Ray

I love the new way that ignore works. It was annoying to see all the posts but not be able to read them. Now, it's like those people don't even exist. It's fantastic.

The problem in sales threads is easily fixed. Simply mention that you have ignored certain members and that no claim is guaranteed unless you verify it. If people take the time to actually read through your sale post they'll see this and still take a shot at it if interested. If they don't read through your post they're probably going to be a headache to deal with anyways.

I love the new way that ignore works. It was annoying to see all the posts but not be able to read them. Now, it's like those people don't even exist. It's fantastic.

^ X 1000 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

With this new hosting site, the ignore feature works the way it's intended to! :thumbsup:

No offense intended, 4mer_FMF: You can't have it BOTH ways!

Either use the ignore feature, or don't! It's not that big of an inconvenience for you, to switch back and forth, if that's what you feel you need to do!

Please, don't change a thing, Spark!!! :)

Thank you!

I'd rather be able to read ignored messages easily if I choose, as well as seeing who got banned more easily.

With this new hosting site, the ignore feature works the way it's intended to! :thumbsup:

Either use the ignore feature, or don't! It's not that big of an inconvenience for you, to switch back and forth, if that's what you feel you need to do!

Thank you!

/ignored

Thank you!

EXCEPT that if you cannot see a post from someone on your ignore list IN YOUR SALE/TRADE THREAD - (as was mentioned above) you could be setting yourself up to have someone you are ignoring (who doesn't know that you don't like them :rolleyes:) posting "I'll take it" in your thread and sabotaging (inadvertently - a form of immediate karma?) your sale/trade as others will pass you by thinking this is a done deal. This is not hard to imagine. Would like to avoid that scenario altogether please.

According to Kelama then - I should just NOT ignore anyone. :confused:

Thanks.

Ray

Last edited:
Back