Important Message From Erusa!!!!

I wanted to take this opportunity to share with all of my very loyal customers, friends, and forumites about some recent events that will effect the business and reputation of Extrema Ratio USA.

Recently, Extrema Ratio - Italy has decided to go distributor/dealer direct and Extrema Ratio USA will no longer be the exclusive importer and distributor for the Italian knives. Because of this I have decided to no longer do business with them.

I was very honored to be affiliated with this line of knives as they are some of the finest made. The relationships, and friends, I have made while importing these knives and moderating this forum will be with me forever. I am very humbled at the very personal reaction that many of you have made towards me when you learned of these events. I want to thank you each and every one.

However, I will not be leaving the knife business. Quite the contrary! I will be introducing a new line of USA made Tactical Knives at the Blade Show. The nationwide advertising program will start about the same time. As soon as the names are trademarked I will open a new forum with pictures and descriptions. Be assured that this new line of knives will be of the highest quality and design and will meet the critical demands that all of you have. You can also count on the personal "hands on" types of customer service that you have come to expect.

Thanks to all of you that have contributed to this forum!

If you have any comments, or questions, please feel free to call me at 417-353-1803 or email me at frank@extremaratiousa.com

Hi, Frank.
1) Will you continue moderating this forum?
2) Will you have a new website?
thanks.

I will be moderating this forum until further notice

I will have a new website (name issues to be resolved is all I am waiting for!) and will post as soon as I get them. I will also have a new forum!

Frank you have set the bar quite high for customer service, I hope ER is up to the task. The american market can be merciless at times. I can't wait to see your new line, I'm sure you've learned alot dealing with ER and know what a quality knife is all about.

Do you know how soon they will have their site and dealership setup in the US? I like there folders quite alot and hope to see more new products from them.

TIR

You are quite right...I have learned many things. How they are going to do the US market seems to be a mystery.

Stay tuned...I will have folders that are of the same high quality but refined design and better ergonomics.

Good luck in your new adventure Frank,

I wait patiently to see your new line of knives offered the general public.

Stay sharp

Brownie

I had hoped to buy an ER knife this year.
I would have liked to buy it from Frank.

I would like to say something about Frank's style of moderating here, without embarrassing him.
He has set a very good example for me, and I have profited from simply visiting this forum.

I hope Frank will keep us posted on his activities.
If I can't buy and ER knife from him, perhaps I can buy something else.
I look forward to seeing Frank's new line.
When does the Blade Show happen?

Well said Ken --

They make good knives, but I wouldn't own any ER blades if it hadn't been for Frank -- their loss indeed.

Good luck and bring on the new blades!!! :D

Frank,

I'm sorry to hear part of the news, but excited to hear that you'll be providing us with some American-made folders that rival or surpass ER's quality.

Best of luck!

Frank, I'm sure that this will be ER's loss -- you and your crew really were instrumental in establishing ER's on-line rep., and your involvement, for us fans, will truly be sorely missed.

I, too, look forward to what the future holds for you, and will definitely make it a point to stop by at Blade East.

Thanks again !

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Hey Frank,

Good luck with your new endeavor. I have no doubt that you will make the new line a success. Keep us up to date as to the new line, and I'll see you at the Blade Show.

Jubei

I bought a Nemesis based on what I saw as fair comments by Frank and others on this forum. It turned out to be something that didn't fit my use but that was my fault. The knife was exactly as described and very high quality.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a knife unseen based on frank's recommendation and look forward to dealing with him in the future.

Good luck Frank!

Okay, I'm late....

That said, It will be ER's loss, not yours Frank. I'll be keeping my eyes open to see what you'll be next be involved in. For what it's worth, I trust you, and if you say a knife is good quality I'll take your word for it.

I would also like to say what a genuinely nice guy Frank is. Probably the most decent guy I've encountered in the year or so since i rediscovered
my interest in knives.

I wish you every success with your new venture, and am looking forward to what's comming next.

Late from the chute. Frank, I am pleased that you have made this issue public. Congrats!!

Frank, I'm sorry to think ER may be shooting themselves in the foot. I wish them well. I never thought the Nemesis would be with me so regularly -- I meant it to be my "big" knife, but it's turned into an every day carry.

Based on quality alone, let alone strength, they should do well, but I think they'll find there's more to marketing than just posting ads in magazines.

I look forward to any knives you recommend so highly as to represent them.

So, what is your job title? Are you a knife broker? How does one get into your line of work?

Looking fer a change of career meself...just curious. Sounds like fun, selling knives and hitting the blade shows and such. If it pays nearly as well as my current gig, it'd be worth checking out.

Thanks,

Keith

I don't know if Frank comes here anymore.

Responding to Ferrous Wheel:

From what I have learned recently, the knife broker/production/marketing business sounds pretty tough, with a steep learning curve.
I think people who already have a successful track record as businessmen can do well with knives, as long as they treat it as a business.

My sources tell me Frank really knows business, and what he doesn't know he goes out and learns.
I like knives but I don't think of myself as a businessman, and so I myself would steer clear of knife production/brokering/marketing until and unless I considered myself a practiced and competent businessman.

I've since corresponded with Frrank, and he has been most helpful. I am a Technical/Professional writer and artist by trade, and I'm looking to get into the Knife business on that professional end, writing reviews, designing and layouut work for brochures, etc.

Seems like the bigger co's may have more room for a contract ro hire position in this area.

Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks!

Keith

PS sorry about the Off Topic nature of the thread now.

Back