In the Shop recently shooting photos for shows and posters

So here is photos I took today and a couple of weeks ago for shows, websites and posters for 2017. I think they came out well for handheld shots just on my workbench....

Attachments

• OST 3172017A.jpg
    OST 3172017A.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 102
  • OST 3172017B.jpg
    OST 3172017B.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF4196.jpg
    DSCF4196.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 96
Very Nice Display Mike. What kind of stone is on the Toothpick. The Malachite, Turquiose and Charoite Pendant necklace's looks awesome. That Kansas Damascus steak knife with Jade looks cool too. Ranchers in Central and Western Kansas lost a lot of cattle from the large grass fires we had so far this spring. I see you have VERY RARE #2591PCS REDRUMMD CUSTOM BUCK 112 KNIFE - RAY MINE GEM SILICA/CHRYSOCOLLA SCALES on EBAY.

Take Care, Gene

Last edited:
The Ray Mine knife sold as a group of four pieces with another ordered for full asking price on all......

Very nice shots, Mike!!

And beautiful work as always.

best

mqqn

Why thank you! I do keep this site open although I do not post often as I am semi-retired from full time in my shop. Basically I work 25 to 30 hours a week now as compared to 45 to 50 a week when I was doing commercial work. I spend more time with the grandkids and off in the desert and mountains digging stone I find personally. I will have a new find of Gold Mahogany Banded Sheen Obsidian knives available soon. I have to do a lot of test cutting to determine how to best align the play of color for the knives. This means only smaller knives at first such as the Case peanut.

In May 2017, got REALLY lucky digging a hole on the side of a hill at Glass Buttes in Oregon and found a "flow" under the much more common Mahogany Obsidian. I did not realize what I had until last week when I got around to cutting a piece and discovered I had found a seam of the much rarer Sheen version of Banded Mahogany Obsidian.

Here are some photos of this rare stone.
DSCF7196.JPG DSCF7220.JPG DSCF7236.JPG DSCF7287.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, really lovely. There are lots of nice materials for scales but I don't think even other natural materials can compare with stone for depth of color and pattern.

SpySmasheer - Again, thank you for the kind comments and i agree there is no other scale that has the depth and variety of stone.....

Back