INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/28/17

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Gold Member
About a year ago I setup setup a camping trip in order to get a group of Busse enthusiasts into the woods to use our knives. The trip was a success and the 6 of us that attended had a lot of fun. Now that spring is quickly approaching and the weather is getting nicer, it's time to setup another trip for those that would like to attend. Everybody here on this forum is welcome to attend, and you are welcome to bring friends so long as they are respectful of my property and the other people attending. Family is welcome to attend, but there is likely to be drinking around the fire in the evenings (and probably other times too) so keep that in mind if you want to bring little ones. The camping trip will be the weekend of Friday April 28th through Sunday April 30th.

Here is the thread from the trip last spring, pics start around page 10 I believe: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...st-Camping-Trip-v2-Weekend-of-April-30th-2016

My land is a little over 50 acres in WV; most of it is pretty steep but there are plenty of places to pitch a tent that are accessible from a gravel driveway. I do not have running water or electricity on the land, but I do have plenty of room for us to put our INFI to good use, have a big fire, and enjoy the woods.

There is a Walmart (11 Harness Rd, Moorefield, WV 26836) nearby that would probably be the best place to meet at and get supplies if anybody needs anything. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby if people don't want to eat camp food the entire time. It's obviously not required to attend the whole weekend, if you can only make one night that's completely okay.

People that are attending (list will be updated when more people confirm):

• Zmbhntr
  • breavis5694
  • rcb2000
  • resinguy
  • zombieassassin
  • F'lar
People trying to come (working on schedule etc.)

• TheMtnMan
  • bullpin
  • Ndocyk
  • kniferMan

Here are some pics from the last trip:

Last edited:
Can't wait!!
Gotta start planning some epic meals,, I could get a whole pig 🐷

Can't wait!!
Gotta start planning some epic meals,, I could get a whole pig 🐷

I was hoping you might volunteer for a meal. ;)
A whole pig would be epic! Would it be pre-cooked or would we fab up a pit in WV? I've seen some home made pits I've just never attempted it myself.

This is gunna be fun! I'm packed already! I'll have plenty of timbers for us to chop up. Been stock piling for a bit.

Can you post a closest Airport to there plzz

I think there are some little airports nearby, but probably the closest large airport (reasonably priced to fly into) would be Washington Dulles International (IAD).

Well, the Beef Barbacoa has been in the freezer, just waiting for this GTG.

f8594c4fb9705ddd6e36f0a48255e8ee.jpg

Good place? check

Good friends? check

Good food? check

Good bacon? check

Good drinks? check

Good cigars? check

Good knives? Are you kidding me?!? Did you see those pics?

Besides all the cool blades pictured above, many of which may well make a return appearance, think of all the O2W blades that have dropped since last spring. How could you pass up a chance to hang out among friends, eat well, and play with all that steel?

Man..... I dont get Airfare prices, it cost about the Same to fly From Portland OR, to Atlanta GA with 1 stop in WA DC. And it Cost just the same to fly to the Airport U mentioned in WA DC

Man..... I dont get Airfare prices, it cost about the Same to fly From Portland OR, to Atlanta GA with 1 stop in WA DC. And it Cost just the same to fly to the Airport U mentioned in WA DC

Yes, fares are crazy and make NO sense.

It might be worth checking other airports, since you have to get a rental and drive in anyway;

111 miles: Dulles, VA (IAD / KIAD) Washington Dulles International Airport
127 miles: Washington, DC (DCA / KDCA) Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
160 miles: Baltimore, MD (BWI / KBWI) Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport

there are apps that will continually check on fares for various routes and let you know about fare changes. sorry, dont know their names. :eek:

Looks like a nice location for such an outing; I hope you all have a great time.:cool::thumbup:

You can count me in. Met breavis last year and told me all about. Can't wait, hit me up for anything I need to bring to the fest.

I'm gonna try and get to this . I really want to meet you guys. I'll email you B.

Back