INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/28/17

Can you post a closest Airport to there plzz

Cumberland, MD Regional Airport (CBE)
52mi. (from Moorefield)
Staunton, VA- Shenandoah Valley Regional (SHD)
85mi.
Washington/Dulles (IAD)
111mi.

Good place? check

Good friends? check

Good food? check

Good bacon? check

Good drinks? check

Good cigars? check

Good knives? Are you kidding me?!? Did you see those pics?

Besides all the cool blades pictured above, many of which may well make a return appearance, think of all the O2W blades that have dropped since last spring. How could you pass up a chance to hang out among friends, eat well, and play with all that steel?

I already can't wait!

You can count me in. Met breavis last year and told me all about. Can't wait, hit me up for anything I need to bring to the fest.

Awesome, I'll add your name to the list. I'll send out an email closer to the date with directions to my property and such. Also, if people want to volunteer to cook a group meal (completely optional) we typically sort that out through email a couple weeks prior to the trip.

I'm gonna try and get to this . I really want to meet you guys. I'll email you B.

I hope you can make it. At least a couple of us will be heading to Blade as well, so it's almost like a pregame for Blade.

so it's almost like a pregame for Blade.

Getting your liver in training for Blade? That's gonna take more than Bud Lite.

Start now by drinking a liter of liquor every weekend. In May, step up to 2 liters. You might be able to hang with Jerry.

Last edited:
Looks like an amazing time to be had, thanks for extending the invite! I'm going to see if my brother wants to make the drive with me from PA. I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks!

Hoping for a good weekend day before the GTG to strip and reprofile the CG BB13 and BG BB13. The naked Boom Parang is ready for action. The asym B9 and B11 are back from factory resharpening after I had stripped them. And I finally scored a CPK Light Chopper in the last offering, now have the complete family: LC, FK, EDC. Lots of toys to compare and contrast.

Gotta find my Ruck. I seemed to have misplaced it after the last GTG. :eek::grumpy::(:confused:

Last edited:
Getting your liver in training for Blade? That's gonna take more than Bud Lite.

Haha. First off, I don't drink Bud Light, I drink Budweiser when camping. Something about being out in the woods makes Budweiser taste good to me, especially in the American flag cans. Oddly enough, I never drink it when I'm not camping though. Budweiser aside though, I'll probably bring a bottle of pretty tasty bourbon.

Looks like an amazing time to be had, thanks for extending the invite! I'm going to see if my brother wants to make the drive with me from PA. I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks!

You're very welcome, I hope you can make it!

I can't give zmbhntr any crap about the Bud Light, he noticed a Bud Light can in one of my IG videos,, busted. It wasn't mine!!!!!:D

In preparation for the camping trip, where we will in all likelihood create a large amount of wood chips, I used a couple big knives and a small axe to chop down a tree in my backyard yesterday. It has been very windy in my neck of the woods lately, and this tree was leaning into my shed, so it had to go. My wife wanted me to dispatch it with my chainsaw, but that's not nearly as much fun as using large knives. I got to do some practical back to back to back testing with my MOAB, my Sasquatch, and a axe made by Liam Hoffman. They are all fantastic pieces of steel, and anyone attending the camping trip is welcome to try them out for themselves.

Sounds like a great time but that is unfortunately the weekend of my first anniversary and since I would like to get to year 2 and beyond, I should probably not skip it to go camping. Whereabouts in WV are you? We have a place near Augusta.

Edit: Ah now I see location in the first post.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great time but that is unfortunately the weekend of my first anniversary and since I would like to get to year 2 and beyond, I should probably not skip it to go camping. Whereabouts in WV are you? We have a place near Augusta.

Edit: Ah now I see location in the first post.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

After 18 years with the same woman, I can assure you the camping trip is more fun.

Thank you for putting this together, Zmbhntr! If I still lived in VA I'd be there in a heartbeat. Appalachia will always have a very special place in my heart. Every bit as (if not more) beautiful than where I'm at now. The soft rolling mountains, the streams, the smell of the deciduous forest and the moss on the rocks...mmmmmm. And what a great bunch of guys to enjoy a weekend with.

Weekend bump, only 7 weeks away!

knifehunter! I am calling you out!

C'mon, Trevor, Busse + good food + drinking + cigars. How can you pass it up?

BUMP!!!!
Cant wait Hogs, this is one of the best events of the year IMO,,
Blade is amazing, but you can't walk up to the table, pick up a knife,, and start wailing on it :D

BUMP!!!!
Cant wait Hogs, this is one of the best events of the year IMO,,
Blade is amazing, but you can't walk up to the table, pick up a knife,, and start wailing on it :D

What?!? Sure you can at Blade! You just need to be quick about it, because your fun time will be quite short lived. Also, you can expect some hard time afterwards. :D

Ha! Thats true,, although the Busse Swat Team would have you hog tied in seconds

5 weeks to go until the camping trip! There is still plenty of room for more people to come if anyone else is interested.

I went out to the land the weekend before last for the first time this year, and here a few pics from the trip.

Very nice, thanks. I like the woods in early spring, like this, when you can see through the trees and brush to see the landforms.

Back