INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/28/17

Is it time to talk food?

Yes?

OK!!

So I made this Beef Barbocoa for the fall GTG that didn't pan out ...

c10c56f78729c7c131ff674e444255a2.jpg

a9679668b0a13971549aa630d1ae931c.jpg

It's been double bagged in the freezer since then. Absent serious objections, was planning to bring this for our dinner one night. Plus tortillas/cilantro/onions/cheese/salsa/??/

Heck yes Guy, let's talk about food. Your beef barbocoa looks fantastic! I'm sure it will taste fantastic too, thank you for being willing to bring it.

Also absent serious objections, I was planning to bring the pulled pork hat has been in my freezer since the last time we were going to have the trip, plus buns, extra Dinosaur BBQ slatherin' sauce, and coleslaw to make sandwiches. If Rick ends up bringing a whole hog, I won't bring this since it would be a tad too much pork.

I asked about a smaller pig, they aren't cheap! It might be too much meat to manage
I think a pork butt or that that beef would be awesome. 👍🏻
I'll do breakfast one morning, and a dinner.
I also could bring a tray of tiramisu if that sounds good,, boozy dessert, mmmmm

I asked about a smaller pig, they aren't cheap! It might be too much meat to manage
I think a pork butt or that that beef would be awesome. 👍🏻
I'll do breakfast one morning, and a dinner.
I also could bring a tray of tiramisu if that sounds good,, boozy dessert, mmmmm

No problem at all buddy, I figured a whole hog might be a bit much to manage. Breakfast, dinner, and tiramisu sounds amazing!!! That is a lot for you to have to bring though, so if you don't want to bring that much no problem at all. Perhaps for dinner Friday we can have either my pork or Guy's beef, and for lunch Saturday we can have the other. Dinner Saturday we could have whatever you bring. I'm getting hungry already!

With the weather like it is this weekend, I want nothing more than to be out in the woods with good friends and large knives!

Sounds great, I'll plan on doing Saturday dinner and dessert.
I'll also have coffee:bacon to pitch in with for a breakfast 🍳

I've got 10lb of fresh ground spicy sausage coming in two weeks. Also working on two or three dozen free range eggs. Everytime I find a nest and harvest they change places.

Sounds great, I'll plan on doing Saturday dinner and dessert.
I'll also have coffee:bacon to pitch in with for a breakfast 🍳

I've got 10lb of fresh ground spicy sausage coming in two weeks. Also working on two or three dozen free range eggs. Everytime I find a nest and harvest they change places.

Fantastic guys, it sounds like we are going to be eating well! We are going to need it, we will have a lot of chopping to do with our INFI!

FIFY....

are we putting breavis on firewood duty?

Absolutely. He needs to drag that big walnut stump to the fire pit. I checked this past weekend, and it's still sitting where he left it last year.

4 week countdown!

Hey folks,

My dad and I are Busse enthusiasts from WI. We are considering coming. However, if we leave the wives we will need to take our hounds. (Well behaved dogs.) Are dogs welcome at the campground? We wouldn't spend the night with the dogs.

It looks like you guys have a good ol' time in da woods!!

Hey folks,

My dad and I are Busse enthusiasts from WI. We are considering coming. However, if we leave the wives we will need to take our hounds. (Well behaved dogs.) Are dogs welcome at the campground? We wouldn't spend the night with the dogs.

It looks like you guys have a good ol' time in da woods!!

You, your dad, and your dogs are more than welcome! I'm definitely a dog person myself, and leagleagle brought his pup on the last trip. It's actually not a campground, it's my private property, so there are no dog regulations to worry about. I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say you wouldn't spend the night with the dogs, but the dogs are welcome to spend the night if desired.

I'm dog friendly. And by the looks and sounds of it....they will be some well fed dogs too!

It sure is getting closer, three weeks from right now we will be sitting around a fire drinking and and telling tales of INFI. Sometime during this coming week I'll send out an email to everyone on the list with directions to the property, and we can also discuss specifics about when people plan to arrive, etc.

Back