INFI in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 4/28/17

Less than 2 weeks away guys!
  • breavis5694
  • rcb2000
  • resinguy
  • zombieassassin
  • F'lar
  • Ndocyk
I sent you guys a group email to go over the details, please let me know if you didn't receive it and I'll correct my poor spelling.

This sounds awesome. How's everyone getting there? Anyone coming from the NY/NJ/CT area?

This sounds awesome. How's everyone getting there? Anyone coming from the NY/NJ/CT area?

I think everyone is driving themselves there. I'm not sure than anyone is headed down from the northeast, but if so I'm sure they'll let you know if you are interested in attending.

I think everyone is driving themselves there. I'm not sure than anyone is headed down from the northeast, but if so I'm sure they'll let you know if you are interested in attending.

Ndocyk is in NY IIRC. One more week!

Thanks guys, gotta talk to the lady and don't want to put anyone out, but if someone is driving past nyc I would love to join. Took a look at transit and there isn't really a direct root. Don't have a car here in midtown. Could definitely pitch in gas/booze money and have plenty of camping equipment if that helps.

Also, I have a bunch of cool knives, from this great company called Busse, do you guys think anyone else will remember to bring cool knives?? :)!

Even though I already have quite a bit of pulled pork to bring camping, I figure you can never have enough pork, so I'm making some more of it for the trip! Plus, I'm really in the mood to fire up the smoker, and smoking pork is a great way to spend a Sunday. Using my favorite brine for pulled pork, which consists of a whole lot of pickling salt and a whole jar of molasses. I'll start smoking it around 6 am tomorrow morning.

Nice!! Definitely can't have too much pulled pork, especially after swinging INFI all day

Yyuummyy. Is this also going to be a firearm friendly event? I've got a few I'd like to knock the dust off of?

Last edited:
Only 5 days away! I looked at the weather on Friday and it said the weekend of the trip was supposed to sunny and in the 90's. I looked at the weather on Saturday and it said it would be rainy and in the 80's. I looked at the weather today and it's saying partly cloudy and in the 80's, hopefully that's where the weather report stays!

In other news, the pork went on the pellet smoker at 6am this morning and it's already smelling delicious.

Rain or shine, it will be awesome.
That pork should be killer!
I'm thinking thick Caveman steaks cooked directly on some red hot coals, corn on the cob, and some kind of potatoes for Saturday, then finish the meal off with some tiramisu.

Caveman steaks, corn, potatoes, and tiramisu sounds fantastic buddy!

I forgot to mention it, but don't worry guys, I'll have plenty of Budweiser to share. ;)

Yyuummyy. Is this also going to be a firearm friendly event? I've got a few I'd like to knock the dust off of?

I think not.

Need to hear from Ben, but IIRC from last year, he had not identified a safe shooting direction.

It appears that we will be eating really really really well. Pulled pork, breakfast sausage and eggs, beef barbacoa, and now caveman steaks?? OMG.

hmmmm .... red wine or bourbon with caveman steaks? Decisions, decisions....

No safe shooting lanes, then no way. These are high power, ar15, Sage EBR M1A and my Russian milled AK47.

That's easy, both!!
Plus maybe some aged rum to go with the tiramisu
Well I couldn't agree more. I'll be bringing some sipp'n Whisky, Makers Mark and Captain Morgan's (Ndocyk likes Cuba Libre's).

No safe shooting lanes, then no way. These are high power, ar15, Sage EBR M1A and my Russian milled AK47.

I do actually have some safe shooting lanes along the side of the mountain where the land curves. Shooting is fine with me if you would like to. The rule on my land is that shooting is absolutely not a drinking sport, which I'm pretty sure we all know and understand, but I just want to be 100% clear on that. We are there to have a good time, but a safe time nonetheless. :)

I'm bringing Bulleit. So not only will we eat well, we will drink well, too! And smoke well.

That's appropriate for a Busse fan GTG. Jerry would be proud.

Hey, Jerry and Garth ... maybe you guys should come?

Back